My MBP just died!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lou G., Feb 11, 2011.

1. Lou G. macrumors newbie

I just bought a used 2010 15" MBP a few weeks ago. It is covered with Apple care. First the headphone jack was acting up . I brought it in to the local authorized Mac repair. They replaced the jack and the logic board. I watched a couple of movies on wireless Netflix. Did some audio video recording yesterday. Set it up to watch a movie and it went dark, like in the sleep mode. Battery was near 100%.

Back it goes, but man this is a PIA.

2. sorepheet macrumors member

sorepheet

3. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

maybe you just got a rotten tomato :O

Hopefully it gets fixed :)

4. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

This might be a stupid question to ask but did you adjust your power settings? My screen goes black on sleep mode too when I watch a movie and forget to adjust the settings.

5. Lou G. thread starter macrumors newbie

No signs of life at all. Mine has little lights on the edge of the base that light up when it's running. Nothing.

6. Lou G. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for your support folks. I'm leaving in a few to drop it off. I will let you know what happens.

I'm posting on my 9 year old HP desk top that barely runs. I been lusting over a Mac for years. I'm hopping this is just a little bump in the road.

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Go to apple store. Explain the situation. Have them give you a new one.

8. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

Hopefully the original owner didn't sell you a lemon...

9. skidmarc macrumors member

Sounds like a bad main board (they may have hooked you up with a refurb) or a bad vid processor. If you have lights showing when power is on it could go all the way down to the cpu.

10. Lou G. thread starter macrumors newbie

When I brought it to the service tech she hooked up their power cord and it came right on. It showed that the battery was down and it went into a safe mode. The tech said it must be the power cord and to bring it in for a test.

When the thing shut down on me I tried my power cord. The light went from green to amber like always, but it would not start up.

I got home from work and hooked up my power cord and it was charging and every thing was back to normal. I hooked everything up like it was the other night and watched a movie from Netflix (wireless) and it ran no problem.

The only issue was very low volume out of the headphone jack.

This is weird. Is this just a newbie screw up or did something reset. My MBP was very hot the when it happened. I don't know what to think.