My MBP just gone crazy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RedGauge, Jul 2, 2010.

1. RedGauge macrumors newbie

RedGauge

Okay here's the story.
    Put MBP to sleep, went for a nap, come back and this happens..

Tried to get my MBP out of hibernate mode, and it doesn't. I can hear the fan turning and I know it's on but the screen is black. I hold the power button for a reboot, when it reboots I get to my login screen and try to increase the brightness, I start doing that and it completely locks up i.e. no mouse movement, nothing.

Reboot 2: Get to the grey screen with the apple logo on and the spinny thing, spinny thing freezes, everything stops.

Reboot 2: Don't even get the spinny thing, just a grey screen

Reboot 3: Actually manage to log in, but everything's being slow and my AirPort cannot detect my wireless, even though every other appliance can. I click to turn AirPort off. MBP freezes again.

Halp!

2. Tim018 macrumors regular

sounds like it could be a bad hard drive. what id do is boot up off the install disk and use the disk utility to verify and repair the disk, see what it says...

3. RedGauge thread starter macrumors newbie

RedGauge

Thanks very much!

Slight Update: Managed to get into System Preferences regarding Airport and it's now telling me there is "No AirPort card Installed"

4. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Insert your Mac OS X disc and boot from the disc.

Reinstall Mac OS X without formatting (it will not delete your data, at least it didn't for me and you can't hold me responsible ;P) It will overwrite faulty system files if there are some.