My MBP keeps spitting out a certain cd

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AwesomeWithAQ, Aug 2, 2009.

1. AwesomeWithAQ macrumors newbie

I bought the Dark Was the Night compilation and every time I put it in my computer it makes a few sounds and then spits it back out. I've not had this problem with any other albums. My disc drive was replaced by Apple, not upon my request. I've also had problems when burning a cd, it will spit the blank cd back out at me, but I've never had a problem with a store bought album before. Any help would be wonderful.

P.S. My MBP is out of warranty and I do not have apple care.

2. Branskins macrumors 65816

Can you test the CD in another DVD player and see if it works there? It could be the disk!

3. AwesomeWithAQ thread starter macrumors newbie

It works fine in my car and dvd player. The disc has no scratches or smudges.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

sounds like your DVD drive could be on its way out-same thing happened to me.. it only gets worse from here in lol..

5. AwesomeWithAQ thread starter macrumors newbie

Well like I said, it's newer than the computer and I don't have issues with any other discs.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

same thing happened to me, at first it was just one CD.. then it was all blank CDs, then it was blank DVDs, then it was the Leopard retail disc! :eek::eek:

terrible shame :(

7. AwesomeWithAQ thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone else have Dark Was the Night? Perhaps you could give it a shot, but again, they replaced my disc drive, I don't know what came stock at the time (August '07), but I've now got a Matshita DVD-R UJ-857E.

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

9. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Sounds like your drive is going bad. Mine does the same. Its no biggie just get it replaced. (It may be a biggie if you don't have apple care.)

10. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

like me haha.. its $400 for me to get it replaced!! what a rip.. ill buy a caddy and put a HD inside there :)

11. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

Get a disc cleaner. Run it 3-4 times. I ran into this kind problem with my 17" mbp sometimes. Should be good to go after that.

12. AwesomeWithAQ thread starter macrumors newbie

If it does come down to me getting it replaced, do you think I could get them to do it for free? They replaced my old one without me asking them to. It had nothing wrong with it.