My MBP: Last weekend as the latest and greatest.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hdsalinas, Jun 2, 2007.

  1. hdsalinas macrumors 6502

    hdsalinas

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2006
    Location:
    San Pedro Sula, Honduras
    #1
    With all the rummors going on that a new MBP will be released this week, I cant help but feel sad. My precious MBP C2D that I bought last december wont be the latest and greatest from apple anymore.

    It was fun having the ultimate laptop for a while. I love my MBP and I still plan on keeping it for the long haul (about 3 years).

    I just upgraded the ram to 2GB and I am completely happy with it. How about you, Are you upgrading from a Core Duo to whatever ciomes out?

    I feel so proud when I pull it in front of people!
     
  2. tejota1911 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2006
    #2
    I'm waiting to see what all gets updated. If it is processor, display, graphics card, case, etc., I'll probably buy it and sell mine. If the update is minor, I'll keep mine and upgrade my hard drive to the new Seagate Momentus 7200.2 160gig.
     
  3. JPT macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 4, 2006
    #3
    If this update is a MAJOR one I may upgrade next time they update after this time... lol

    I love the fact that Apples retain their value better than Winblows computers :D
     
  4. mknawabi macrumors 6502

    mknawabi

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2006
    Location:
    Irvine, CA
    #4
    After spending 2000 on photo gear, i think im going to take a break on that--this summer, im selling my dell 700m and going to get (hopefully) one of these new macbook pros.

    Heres to hoping for Santa Rosa.
     
  5. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

    Cybergypsy

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    Location:
    Central Florida!
  6. Aniej macrumors 68000

    Aniej

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2006
    #6
    i'm finally making my move on this upgrade, whether it is tuesday or 6 days later I am going for it.
     
  7. monke macrumors 65816

    monke

    Joined:
    May 30, 2005
    #7
    I'm still working off this iMac G5, but when those sub-notebooks come out, I may be interested. I don't want anything huge, just a small, light notebook that can pack a punch. :)
     
  8. daneoni macrumors G4

    daneoni

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #8
    Yeah i was thinking bout that and even contemplated putting it up for sale BUT i love this thing. It just works, its been running for up to 20 days. Its plenty fast and so on. There's also the fact that Leopard is almost guaranteed to not ship with the next MBP updates and you're getting a 800 FSB (20% gain), 2.2/2.4 GHz (still 4MB Cache) processor bumps (Minor IMHO) and maybe LED screens which would be a first (early adopter anyone?) .

    So the way i see it, there's not that much reason to upgrade...at least for recent mac owners. Better off waiting till 2008 or something, that way, Leopard is already shipping and being maintained (10.5.2 or something) as would the next iLife suite, 45nm Processors (6MB Cache) and Montevina platform would be knocking/debuted which supports 800MHz DDR3, 1.07GHz FSB, WiMax, HSDPA (3.5G Cell network) etc.

    Dunno bout you but these specs are worth waiting for.....even if it means skipping an update
     
  9. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

    xfiftyfour

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2006
    Location:
    Clemson, SC
    #9
    I sold my MBP a week ago (was a 2.16 C2D) and am waiting to hear what the update entails. I still probably won't buy until August, though, since I don't need a laptop before then, but who knows.
     
  10. PimpDaddy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 9, 2007
    #10
    Being about to buy my first Mac, I'm gonna wait until the update. I think it would be stupid to buy one right now even though I have the money to do so :)
     
  11. netdog macrumors 603

    netdog

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #11
    I couldn't be happier with my 15" 2.33

    No need to upgrade at all, though I congratulate in advance everyone who gets one of the new ones coming down the pike.
     
  12. Skrilla™ macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2007
    Location:
    Houston
    #12
    I'm going to see what the specs are. If no DirectX 10 then I'm selling my MacBook and getting a 12" Dell XPS, when it gets updated. :cool:
     
  13. Pim macrumors member

    Pim

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2007
    Location:
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    #13
    I'm so done witch my crappy laptop form the unknown brand 'Alpha'. It's slow, old, ugly en makes alot of noice.

    Just can't wait to buy the new MBP when it comes out.
     
  14. ischemic macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2007
    Location:
    Edinburgh, UK
    #14
    Can't wait until tomorrow. This will be an upgrade for my 700Mhz G3 iBook. Quite a big step up :)
     
  15. aeiz macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2007
    #15
    I hope the update is tomorrow! If not, I can definitely wait until Monday. Tomorrow would just be added suprise. I'm going from a 333Mhz Thinkpad... with a dead battery... haha. So this will definitely be a huge upgrade.
     
  16. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2006
    #16
    i thought i felt bad after the macbook got updated but i forgot about it real fast so yea i think it wont really matter for you after about a week it gets released
     
  17. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

    Marky_Mark

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2005
    Location:
    UK
    #17
    Yeah, I've been kinda thinking the same myself these last few weeks. It won't detract from my enjoyment and pride in my lovely eight-week old machine (hey, I couldn't wait), but I'll still feel gadget-envy when the new one comes out. It's the way with these things unfortunately, and you just have to be philosophical about it all. :eek:
     

Share This Page