My MBP scared me a bit ago. Any thoughts on cause?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hallux, Jun 20, 2015.

1. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Woke it from sleep when I got home from my parents house but had trouble reconnecting to my Mini so I shut it down. When I booted it back up, NO DISPLAY. Found that I could remote from the Mini to the MBP so the machine was working. Also found that it was just the backlight not working right.

Pulled the back cover to reseat the display connector, no dice. Turned off TrimEnabler and did a PRAM reset, no dice. Booted to diagnostics and it worked fine. Booted back to the OS and it's been fine (posting from it right now).

That info out there, any thoughts on what may have happened? I checked iFixit, didn't see that they had hi-res screens, anyone know what one might be looking at spending to replace it? Concerned that I might as well just replace the entire machine if it got to that point.

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

First thing is to not do anything unless it repeats the issue. Occasionally my iPhone 4S used to boot with no backlight, every time a further reboot resolved it, think it went away with ios7 from memory.

3. hallux thread starter macrumors 68020

hallux

The one in my sig, mid-2012 15" pro with hi-res screen.

It woke up fine this AM. I'll hope for the best.