My MBP ship date is change to earlier date??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hohohong, Aug 3, 2007.

1. hohohong macrumors 6502

Jun 1, 2007
    My replacement MBP is supposed to be shipped out Aug 9th, but i just received email today at 1050pm PDT giving me a fedex tracking number - 6 days early!

When i go to fedex, nothing come up. Fedex has picked up the MBP yet.

My tracking starts with 946........ does that means it's coming from asia? Or US?

I checked my previous tracking,.... fedex tracking # starting with 9 comes from China (MBP and iPOD),.... starting with 7 and 00 comes from US....

So it is safe to assume mine replacement comes from China, hence new, not refurbished?
  2. hohohong thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 1, 2007
    Local time now is 1238am (Aug 4th).... and when i checked fedex tracking,... there's an update...

Aug 4, 2007 9:40 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx.....

North America now is midnight, can't be 940am. So mine should be coming out from China?
  3. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Jul 22, 2007
    Southern California
    The Estimated Ship Date is a "By" date so they said they would ship it by the 9th not on the 9th. Mine was set to ship by the 6th but it shipped on the 1st/2nd (Aug 2nd in china time but aug 1st here in America).
  4. hohohong thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 1, 2007
    My MBP fedex service is IP Direct distribution..... meaning it's international shipping. So,... it should be coming from China.

I can sleep now,..... ;)