Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikelong622

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
St. Paul, Minnesota
Ok so I'm just wondering if this is worth me taking my computer in to the Apple store for?? The casing on my Macbook Pro seems to have a squeak in it. Every time I put my left hand on it to type, the case creaks. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, have you tried bringing it in to Apple? Basically I'm hoping there's a guinea pig out there who's already tried to get it fixed so that I don't go there and have one of the "geniuses" look at me like I'm a complete idiot and tell me there's nothing they can do about it...:rolleyes:

mustard

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2005
NJ
Mines made some moans and groans but the have settled and don't bother me. I would take it in and see what they say - the worst is sorry we can't do anything.

RojoLeo

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2007
Austin, TX
I know exactly the sound you're talking about and I'm glad someone else mentioned it...thought I might be the only one.

The squeaking only occurs when it's on my lap, not when it's on a flat surface as the sound is actually the monitor rubbing the rest of the laptop and the "hinge."

I'd be curious to know if this is even something that can be fixed.

marvinsum

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2007
Sounds like something wasn't tightened correctly inside the MBP. I doubt Apple would fix it unless it affects the operation of the MBP.

shortyman

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2005
Somerset, UK
I know exactly the sound you're talking about and I'm glad someone else mentioned it...thought I might be the only one.

The squeaking only occurs when it's on my lap, not when it's on a flat surface as the sound is actually the monitor rubbing the rest of the laptop and the "hinge."

I'd be curious to know if this is even something that can be fixed.

Yep, I experience exactly the same thing on my MBP, and I had come to the same conclusion that it is the monitor rubbing the laptop at the hinge.

direzz

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2006
im having a problem with my blackbook's screen. when ever i push the screen back to view it better, it squeaks. i wish apple made them go more further back.

Marstokk

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2007
Macbook sqeak lid

Ok so I'm just wondering if this is worth me taking my computer in to the Apple store for?? The casing on my Macbook Pro seems to have a squeak in it. Every time I put my left hand on it to type, the case creaks. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, have you tried bringing it in to Apple? Basically I'm hoping there's a guinea pig out there who's already tried to get it fixed so that I don't go there and have one of the "geniuses" look at me like I'm a complete idiot and tell me there's nothing they can do about it...:rolleyes:

I solved it today; use dental floss to get the dust out of the hinges...:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.