My MBP Sreen cracked. Estimate price to fix?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Am3r1ca16, May 7, 2014.

1. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

So my MBP has some issues but one of them is that it has a hairline crack going through the screen of my macbook pro 2013 (Non-Retina) . Don't know how it cracked but regardless of how has anyone had their MBP screen replaced before or recently? anyone know a estimate about how much it would cost to replace the screen?

Here I will attach a picture of the crack.

Attached Files:

2. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

Checkout this guy:

http://rossmanngroup.com

His prices seem reasonable and he has gotten good reviews here and elsewhere.

3. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

$260+tax for glass+LCD replacement....but does that include both parts and labor? Doesn't the screen itself cost $500?

4. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

5. Am3r1ca16 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

I'm actually thinking of going to this place tomorrow. I live in NYC. Forget the apple store.

One of my USB ports don't work either. So i'll see how much it would cost me to repair it.

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

If the crack is just in the glass, the actual part isn't much, but replacing it is a pain. The whole LCD assembly must be removed, and then heated and the glass has to be separated. Then the LCD must be cleaned and the fresh glass must be applied. All in all about 1-2 hours of work. If it is both the LCD and glass, then just get a new assembly off eBay. Life is simple... That would be cheaper and cut labor costs by a lot.

As for the USB ports, try doing an SMC and a PRAM reset. Otherwise, do a Apple Hardware Test by holding D at boot.