Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
My MBP has been on for two weeks now (waiting for that reboot after 10.5.2 update), so it's been a little laggy. I decided to log-out to clear the cache and stuff and noticed that it took over a minute to return to the log-in screen! I tried logging out again and it still took about a minute!

Is there something wrong??? Please help

Thanx

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
Have you run any maintenance recently? Such as repairing permissions? If not, I would try that and see if it helps.

Csmitte

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
Have you run any maintenance recently? Such as repairing permissions? If not, I would try that and see if it helps.

definitely do what He said^^^ also make sure that in your network settings are not set to close all network connections, I am pretty sure that takes a minute too.
25 seconds for me to turn on, 35 to turn off

iCeFuSiOn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
1. Run the maintenance scripts (sudo periodic daily weekly monthly)
2. Clear any log files in ~/Library/Logs
3. Repair permissions.

You could also try something like Onyx.

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
Thanks all for your help.

I have run permission repair and installed Onyx to clean up the caches. Onyx did screw up the shut-down process (i waited 25 minutes before i manually pressed the power switch).

Now everything works fine though. Start up takes 45 seconds and shutdown about 30-40.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.