My MBP's Battery is Acting Up!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anirban, Mar 7, 2008.

1. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Hello All!

I have a 2.4GHz MBP that I purchased last June. Since the last couple of days, when I am running the computer off the battery, it just shuts off around 20% battery health.

No warnings, no sleep- just hard shutdown. iStat lists my battery health as 83% with 67 cycles.

What is weird is that it doesn't even warn me as it previously used to.

I have performed PRAM reset, but that has not helped in regards with the issue.

Do any of you folks have any advice for me?

Thanks a lot!

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Calibrate at least once, two times will be better. If that doesn't help, call Apple (or go to an Apple store) and let them know your cycle count and health % and they should ship out a new battery to replace it.

3. watermelon macrumors regular

Hm, thats interesting. I have a macbook pro 2.4 also that I got in late June. Ive never calibrated/PRAM reset/ anythingg. My istat says i have 220 cycles and 100 percent health ! :)
    Just saying:D:D:D

4. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

either your istat monitoring for your battery is not working properly..
    OR you're the lucky one with the ETERNAL Battery with steve jobs blood on it. hey you'll never have to buy another battery at all. isn't that great?:D

5. ReBeLaCe macrumors newbie

ReBeLaCe

I would try resetting the smc controller next (take out the battery and hold down the power button for about 5 secs). Also what does the capacity say when you look under power in your system profiler?

6. anirban thread starter macrumors 6502a

anirban

I am going to try the SMC reset now. The Full Charge Capacity is being reported at 4660 mAh

7. ReBeLaCe macrumors newbie

ReBeLaCe

That is def. low for only 67 cycles. I would call apple and have them send me a new battery. I did it the other day and it only took about 10 mins.

8. anirban thread starter macrumors 6502a

anirban

Yes, I think I will take it to an Apple Store and have a "Genius" look at it. The thing is turning off without any warning, and it is annoying! SMC reset did not help.

9. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers