my menu bar disappeared?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jsw088, Jul 6, 2011.

1. jsw088 macrumors newbie

Sometimes my menu bar completely disappears but reappears when I click on the space where the menu is supposed to be. I'm not really sure what's causing this and can't find much from google. Should I be concerned and call AppleCare or is this one of those glitches? I recently purchased this macbook pro 2011. Probably been a week old?

2. StockDC2 macrumors regular

I would replicate the problem and just take it back and tell them that you would like a new computer. You are within the 14 return period so why not?

3. RoyalFlushAK(s) macrumors member

take it back and demand a new computer on the spot
    don't keep pushing the space bar, that can destroy the CPU and and they will say you abuse the machine. just take it back to the store and get a new computer

RF,

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's nonsense!

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have had my menubar disappear and other times it would flash. I always had time machine backups and the only way I could fix it was to restore to a point earlier in the day. Also, a previous poster mentioned that pressing the space bar would hurt the CPU, that's completely wrong. Not sure where they got that goofy idea.

6. jsw088 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish I could replicate the problem on the spot and demand a new one but it happens at random times. Everything else runs fine. I just called AppleCare and was told it could be a software problem and gave me a case number. I guess now I just have to wait and see...

7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I would just go ahead and try to re install OSX, that is gong to be your easiest quick first shot at fixing it.