Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James659

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
so i have a mac mini and i record call of duty game plays and i want to do a voice over on them in imovie 08 i think but my mic wont work. i have a microsoft sidewinder game voice headset ive tried almost every thing i plug the headset in to the two ports for speakers and mics but it wont work in imovie can anybody help

P.S i suck at spelling and grammar and am new here

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
so i have a mac mini and i record call of duty game plays and i want to do a voice over on them in imovie 08 i think but my mic wont work. i have a microsoft sidewinder game voice headset ive tried almost every thing i plug the headset in to the two ports for speakers and mics but it wont work in imovie can anybody help

P.S i suck at spelling and grammar and am new here

Sadly Most modern Macintosh systems require an amplified mic as the Mic jack is actually a line in jack, more than it is a Mic input. So, you will need to either purchase an amplifier for your existing mic, or purchase a Mic that is designed to work with your Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.