My Microcell is Turning My House Into a Dead Zone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mystikal, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

So this just started happening today. Whenever my Microcell is connected and on and everything, all phones tied to it lose service. When its unplugged, service comes back.

Has this happened to anyone? Any fixes?

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Assuming your internet connection is working properly in the house, it appears to be a problem with your MicroCell or the service tied to it. If all your phones grab that tower first since it's the strongest, there'll be no need for your phones to reach for the nearest external tower. You might want to try rebooting the MicroCell, or contacting AT&T to see what the deal is.

3. adster macrumors regular

I've been experiencing this problem for the last few days. Can't make a call when the MicroCell is on, but things seem to work if I unplug it. Weird.

4. TriHFH macrumors member

The exact same thing happened to me today, too. Maybe it is an AT&T problem?

5. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

How strong is the signal from the actual cell tower in your house?

It is very possible that the cell tower and microcell are interfering with one another

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

This thread on the AT&T forums points to some kind of a microcell server-side outage in California. It's not a signal interference issue, but it looks like until the problem is resolved, you're just better off leaving your microcell unplugged if you can still get a signal off the regular cell network.

7. jcole31 macrumors regular

As mentioned, it is a regional problem, specifically a southern California issue. My microcell was down from about 4 pm yesterday until after 12 am. I have been having outages for hours at a time a couple times a week. Totally unacceptable. I have exchanged my microcell for a new unit in the past thinking the box was the issue, but as usual it is AT&T that is the problem. Definitely not worth $150.

8. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i had the same problem with my microcell last month. when my iphone was connected to microcell i couldn't complete a call or recieve a call. when i got away from microcell phone worked fine.

9. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

This started happening to me on the 6th too. I'm in NC. I cannot connect to the internet when it's on AT ALL. I've rebooted it numerous times...nothing.

10. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

MicroCRAP!

Good thing I got it for free or I'd be pissed.

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

could be a regional problem (call AT&T and ask) or simply you lost internet connection.

12. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

Well I'm on the internet right now on my computer so that's not the problem.

My phone shows full bars and a 3G connection, but won't connect to the internet. Same with my husbands. If I unplug it I can connect with my either 1 bar of 3G or Edge.

I'll have to call AT&T sooner or later, I'm just putting it off because I know it's going to take forever.

13. chriswheat macrumors regular

I've also been having this problem since the 6th (in South Carolina).

I also noticed that the MicroCell seems to have become very sensitive to the speed of my internet connection. If I'm downloading or uploading a big file on my computer that is taking up my bandwidth (15 Mb down, 3 Mb up), then my microcell will lose its connection (bottom light starts flashing). It's pretty consistent, and I never had this problem until I started noticing other issues on the 6th.

14. citizenal macrumors regular

Just got a microcell a few days ago and everything is working perfectly. I get full bars and can make calls no problem. Sorry to hear about your situation, hope mine functions properly after a while. :eek:

15. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

Where do you live in SC? I'm about 10 miles from the SC border, Charlotte area.