My mid 2010 MBP won't turn on!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jpram85, Jan 21, 2011.

1. jpram85 macrumors newbie

I was working fine and then I shut it down and it never turned on again... The led light on the front would turn on and the hard drive would spin then it shuts off it does that over and over... Any one has similar problem???

I have a 13' 2.4 MBP with a 320GB HD (mid 2010)
    I sent it to apple. it's still under apple care but I don't have the install disks so if it's the HD... I have to buy the disks from apple...

What could this be???

2. mwhq macrumors member

Without the install disks there's not alot you can do.

The mid 2010 MBP have a specific OS release so you can't use the 10.6.3 general release.

It could be several trhings but, you're probably looking at logic board failure or HD damaged. Saying that it could be a host of other less extreme diagnosis.

If it's still under Applecare use the rascals dude. Good luck.

3. jpram85 thread starter macrumors newbie

What is the rascals dude?
    Do you know how much the install disks are???

4. mwhq macrumors member

Ha, rascals must be U.K thing, I just meant a michievious Apple technician.

You can't actually buy the disks my firend, Apple on request will send you the specific install disks. :cool:

5. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

I have ordered disks once a long time ago, I think they were 10-15 dollars by contacting applecare. Just have your serial # ready.

If the computer won't turn on at all, it's likely its not your HD. More likely the logic board. If you sent it in for repair they will replace the faulty part and you should get your computer back working with your data on it I would think.