My Mid 2011 iMAC 21.5" : Yellow tint or optical effect?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mennie, Jun 14, 2011.

1. mennie, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011

mennie macrumors newbie

mennie

Hello, I am new here and my english does not quite good.

I just buy the new iMAC 21.5 mid 2011. It's very fantastic PC for me and OSX is very cool.

But I read the thread about how to check yellow tint with grey bars.

I found my bottom half of my screen is slightly has yellow. Notice by a bit yellow grey bar.

But when I move back far from screen and see with different angel. The tint gone.

So I call my wife to come to sit and check for me (My wife has no knowledge about this) and then she said "Nothing yellow, The color is look good".

Some people tell about yellow tint must be notice in all angle of view and brightness.

Then I try to test tint my Dell LCD and I see the tint too. I never test this LCD before (4 Years now and it's look perfect).

How do you think about this? Optical effect or real Yellow tint?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Sounds like it's an illusion, especially if you see the same thing in another monitor. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

3. mennie thread starter macrumors newbie

mennie

Thank you. But the tint on Dell LCD is on top right of the screen. Not bottom half. So I don't think this cause from my eye balls and brain.

So I should stop frustate with this. Continue to enjoy my work with my new iMAC is the best.

Thanks again

4. basher macrumors 6502

basher

I noticed the same slight yellowing issue when viewing at an angle. Like you pointed out it seems to be magnified when the brightness is set really high.

When I'm in a normal viewing position I don't see anything wrong with my display. At an angle, if I knowingly look for yellowing I see it. Or is it I imagine it. =)