My ML recovery partition is now gone

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Armada78, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Armada78 macrumors newbie

Armada78

I just noticed that after upgrading my ML to Mavericks the recovery partition shows 10.9 and I have no idea how to get back to ML if i ever decide to. i dont have much data on my Mavericks and i'd go for any solution cuz i have nothing to lose.
    any solution(s)?

Appreciated!

2. Bear macrumors G3

Several choices. If you have a Time Machine backup from Mountain Lion, you can hold down the Option key on your keyboard when you're rebooting and select the Time Machine disk tro boot off of.

It'll bring you up into the standard recovery disk menu and you would then go in to Disk Utility and erase the system disk (not just the system partition). After that you could then restore from your Time Machine backup.

If you don't have Time Machine, you can if your system is new enough boot into Internet Recovery by holding dowb the Command and R keys while the system is booting. And then erase your disk and install OS X from the recovery menu.

You last choice is if your system came with the grey system restoration discs is boot off of those, Erase your disk and install OS X from there and then use the Mac App Store to reinstall Mountain Lion.

3. h25p macrumors newbie

And the final option would be creating an usb stick or external hdd with mountain lion installer on it (as describe here for example).

4. Armada78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Armada78

Thanks! appreciated. since i don't have TimeMachine.

5. Serban Suspended

6. Armada78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Armada78

I'd go with internet recovery.

7. Serban Suspended

8. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You are looking at a bit over 5GB of total data DL... so however long that would take at your connection speed.

9. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Yeah.

DO NOT USE A DEVELOPER PREVIEW IF YOU ARE NOT A DEVELOPER!

Otherwise you know how you can restore your system.

10. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

So you're suggesting that there are no OS X developers who don't know how to restore to a working system?

Quite an assumption on your part given the only prerequisite is paying $99. Any bozo can be an "official" Apple developer.

Not to mention that i've encountered plenty of developers who don't know jack about systems and OS.... or pretty much anything outside of their little sphere of knowledge.