Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ianbeerent

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
how does apple know that you opened up your phone? like, if you bought the black case, and then your phone got janked, couldn't you put the silver one back on?

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I would like to see the background with Tiger's default background. I think that might look nice.

Attachments

• Picture 1 copy.png
    Picture 1 copy.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 85

laz305

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2007
Miami
Other than the home screen rearrangement of the icons, I changed the lock and power off icons and the highlighting text background to blue. Thanks again to digitalkid56 for his work in this revised theme.
hey i like your power off icon can you hook it up plz?

o98eclipse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
DOWNTOWN, SAN DIEGO
power off icon

hey i like your power off icon can you hook it up plz?

Here you go!

with all those reflections, it truly looks like **** in my opinion. clean and minimal is the way to go

I take it you're probably not going to get Leopard then? Can you give me your vision of clean and minimal instead of criticizing without any suggestions on how I can make it better?

Attachments

• bottombarknobred.png
    bottombarknobred.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 754

organik

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
Cracks me up all the comments about how bad these mods look. I put mine up not for compliments or complaints, but just to show what I did. If you don't like the background, don't use it, or the icons, or the reflections, shine, etc. The point is if you WANT to customize your phone with what YOU like - it can be done, and quite easily.

dominatrix

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2007
to be honest it could be cleaned up a bit. or a lot.

no hard feelings.

i agree .. looks nice. but its not because u can change icons etc.. you gonna make the home this messy.. hurt my eyes just to think to play with it.

ob: Where can i find a tutorial how to change the background ? so far i only founf how to change icons and ringtones.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Cracks me up all the comments about how bad these mods look. I put mine up not for compliments or complaints, but just to show what I did. If you don't like the background, don't use it, or the icons, or the reflections, shine, etc. The point is if you WANT to customize your phone with what YOU like - it can be done, and quite easily.

I agree, its persionalization. So YOU like YOUR phone! You dont have to like his designs, but he might. As a bit of constructive critisism here though, the reflections are very cool but do make it look cluttered.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
i have an idea, how about keep the home icons the same, the only thing is to add the reflections to them, thus meaning the text will be gone which is fine, i think that would look very nice... without the text, but just have the reflections instead on a black background, can someone do this?

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
I take it you're probably not going to get Leopard then? Can you give me your vision of clean and minimal instead of criticizing without any suggestions on how I can make it better?

ok, sorry that was harsh. well, in my opinion, the reflections make the icons blur together too much, where i feel there should be some seperation. also, that adds to the screen looking too blurred and confusing. also, the part at the bottom with the ipod and phone, looks weird because there are 4 icons across at the top and then there are 2 at the bottom. but i do think its cool that u were able to do all that stuff. and yes i will get leopard

btallada9870

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2007
Any tutorial on how to get just the duracell battery?

I like the second one that you did better than the first one. Not quite for me, but I do like it.

lonnielove

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Nice!!, this weekend i will be learning how to modd it out, i will be needing a lot of help from you guys, so any help will be greatly appreciated. two days off this weekend so be looking out for my posts.

earthsick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
central nj
I would like to see the background with Tiger's default background. I think that might look nice.

if someone was able to figure this out i may then consider "hacking" my iPhone...other wise i think the "because i can" argument is ridiculous...iPhone modding right now has no big bennefit in my opinion...do you REALLY need to have that new Chris Daughtry song as your ring tone? So much so you would risk damage to a $600 device? :rolleyes:

GTiPhone

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2007
Island Heights, NJ
I went to hacktheiphone.com and read up on how this accomplished, because it is a great concept...at least I thought so until I read this nonsense:

# You will lose the ability to use your YouTube desktop icon following the instructions on this site. This ability may be restored by the hacker community, or if you should decide to restore your phone via iTunes and sign up for a service contract with AT&T.
# You will not have visual voicemail or EDGE access unless there is another iPhone that is properly activated via AT&T in your family plan. There is no work around and most likely there never will be one.
# I have noticed Yahoo mail does not work with the iPhone in a modded state. This may apply to all other mail access like Gmail .mac, AOL et cetera.

Are you kidding me? After reading that, it makes the fact you or anyone would do this to your iPhone HILARIOUS. I mean, embarassing is more like it.

Oh yes, Let's handicap a chunk of the features of this device so we can alter 3 icons on the HOME SCREEN!

Ugh, hackers. Life-needers.

Joshua8o8

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Honolulu, Hawai'i
I have the gunmetal remastered theme on my iphone. I didnt use the safari icon and field test icons however, i used the icons from previous gunmetals. I chose to mod my iphone because i wanted to be different. If some of you dont like all the blue, digital kid came out with a gunmetal theme called "ice" or something like that. It has more silver and It looks pretty nice to me. Im going to stick with this one because i made alot of things on my phone blue to match this theme such as the battery, slider, wifi and edge icons. I like it and just being different from everyone else makes me happy.

johnnybluejeans

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2006
New York, NY
Man, the only thing that iPhone needs is some "Type R" stickers and a big spoiler on it!

Seriously though, that looks gaudy, and you had to cripple your phone and void your warranty to do it.

If I saw that in person my first reaction would be, "what, is this some kind of Chinese iPhone knockoff?"

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
I went to hacktheiphone.com and read up on how this accomplished, because it is a great concept...at least I thought so until I read this nonsense:

# You will lose the ability to use your YouTube desktop icon following the instructions on this site. This ability may be restored by the hacker community, or if you should decide to restore your phone via iTunes and sign up for a service contract with AT&T.
# You will not have visual voicemail or EDGE access unless there is another iPhone that is properly activated via AT&T in your family plan. There is no work around and most likely there never will be one.
# I have noticed Yahoo mail does not work with the iPhone in a modded state. This may apply to all other mail access like Gmail .mac, AOL et cetera.

Your points pertain to bypassing the activation, not modding the phone. The above are not true as far as doing the ringtone or icon mods.

badtzmaru

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007

Are you kidding me? After reading that, it makes the fact you or anyone would do this to your iPhone HILARIOUS. I mean, embarassing is more like it.

Oh yes, Let's handicap a chunk of the features of this device so we can alter 3 icons on the HOME SCREEN!

Ugh, hackers. Life-needers.

You misread it completely. That only applies to the bypass activation hack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.