iPad My mom loves her iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sahni130, Jan 10, 2014.

1. sahni130 macrumors 6502

sahni130

So,
    I was kinda bored and needed to get out of the house, so I went to get a coffee and then visited the Apple store to check out the iMacs. Well, long story short, I ended up buying a 4TB external hdd and i bought my mom an iPad Air and one of those Logitech Keyboard cases. She loves it so much.... hasn't talked to me in the 3 hours she's been playing with it. I'm starving, who's going to cook me dinner? LOL. I guess it's order-in tonight or I could just be a man and cook.

She likes Netflix, Spotify, and Ruzzle a lot. What are some good, free like Ruzzle?Any other good, intuitive time-killer apps out there?

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

3. sahni130 thread starter macrumors 6502

sahni130

My luck with the ladies has been rather crappy lately haha. At least my mother will cook for me. Lmao, still a child, mentally.

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

got my mom an iPad mini for christmas and her reaction was just about the same.

5. sahni130 thread starter macrumors 6502

sahni130

Thats I originally wanted to get her- an iPad mini. But she argued that the Air would be easier on her eyes and I figured with all they've done for me over the years, what the heck, why not?

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Getting an iPad Air as a gift is such a darned nice thing. :D

Wish I was your Moms....

7. Farns514 macrumors 6502

Farns514

Hopefully my mom has the same response. Have to wait another week to give the iPad Air to her for her birthday.

8. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

My mom loves her ipad 4... Best Mother's Day gift ever!

9. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

That was really nice of you to do.

I bought my mom & dad iPad 2s several years ago when the iPad 2 first came out. Maybe it's time to upgrade them.

10. susa macrumors regular

Just ordered a rMini for my better half. Will have to look into Spotify. He's a huge audiophile. Looking forward to hearing about any other great apps for him too. He's not into technology, but I really hope he learns to enjoy the iPad.

11. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

12. GoingDark macrumors 6502

My mom can barely check email on a regular computer. When I got her an iPad it basically changed her life. Now she uses Facebook, email, YouTube, Skype, Viber, etc. and she's back in touch with faraway friends and family.

Good choice with the Air, I would always recommend it over the Mini if someone wants to use an iPad as their main computing device and doesn't take it out of the house often (I have a Mini specifically for portability).

13. Florals macrumors member

Got my Dad an iPad Air for Christmas and he absolutely loves it; he was SO surprised when he opened it! He uses it all the time.

After I got my Dad his iPad, I felt a bit mean that my Mum didn't have one (I did get her an iPhone earlier in the year, but it's not quite the same) so I paid for half of an rMini for her. She tried out the Air and my rMini and decided that she preferred the rMini.

Until now they'd both been sharing a slightly dodgey laptop, so now they can both do their own thing on their iPads.