My money is trapped in my paypal account-help?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by applefan1997, May 29, 2008.

1. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

First off, I have no credit card or bank account, and I had no idea it was required to do anything via PayPal.
    Today I tried to pay on eBay, and it wouldn't let me because I needed a card. I cant even send money or withdraw in check form, trapping the money. What do I do? Paypal doesn't warn about this whatsoever, and I'm at wit's end.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

They do warn you. You just didn't read the 10,000 words of 6 point type in your agreement.

You are going to have to open a bank account and attach it to the PayPal account. Are you in the USA? You "should" be able to get PayPal to mail you a cheque. Residents of other countries, however, are trapped, as you say.

Have you called/emailed PayPal support?

3. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

they'll send you a check upon request. That was clearly stated upon signing up (or at least it was when I set my account up). How else did you expect to get your money without another account to send it to?

or you can send an e-check to yourself, I believe. But I don't know how those work.

Another option is to sign up for their debit card.

4. applefan1997 thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried requesting a check, but it made me get a verified address:confused:.

5. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

that sucks, man. If you can't open a banking account, you can fax them a utility bill and driver's license to confirm your address. Otherwise, see if you can send an e-check (click the "Send Money" link at the top of the page - though I've never done it before, so I don't know if it would make the recipient sign up for a PP account).

Honestly, though, I'd call/email them to see what you're options are first.

Good luck.