My monitor dilemma...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mjmar, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

On Christmas I received a Samsung 19" monitor to go along with my MacBook. I purchased a wireless Apple keyboard and the mini DVI converter, and plugged it into the monitor. I was disappointed to find that the monitor had a dead pixel. However, it might have been a blessing in disguise because the way my desk is shaped it's hard to deal with the size of a 19" monitor since it's way to close to my eyes. Today I'm returning my monitor and have 3 options. The first is to just return the monitor and get the money back. The second is to return the 19" Samsung and get a smaller (but probably worse) monitor. Does anybody know of good 17" monitors? And the third is to just exchange the monitor for a new one. I'm not sure what to do. All opinions are welcome. Thanks.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't think there is a point in getting a 17" LCD since it'll probably be XGA which means lower resolution than your MB display.

3. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

One thing I've noticed: it takes some getting used to larger monitors.

When I got a 23" monitor to go with my 15" MBP at my desk, it seemed ridiculously large and overwhelming. But after using for a while, it seemed perfectly normal. You might consider getting another 19" monitor and see how it goes. The extra space is very nice.

Good luck