My Mophie Helium is designed different from everyone else's

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rocksyoursock, Feb 22, 2013.

1. rocksyoursock macrumors regular

rocksyoursock

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361551676.039956.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361551685.704696.jpg

If you compare to everyone else's on the Internet, the bottom part of the top piece, where you slide you phone in is straight, where mine is curved. For this reason I cannot slide my phone into or out of the case. I can snap it on through the side, I suppose but it takes a lot of force. I just received it in the mail today. Can anyone check and see if their Helium is like mine?

2. rocksyoursock thread starter macrumors regular

rocksyoursock

3. millerhifi macrumors regular

Oh wow! That's interesting. I wonder if your version is a design that is intended for the "Apple" stores. I bet they made a slightly different version for Apple like with the previous generation case. Apple requires that the case have a snap in process to secure it. I'd be curious to hear what Mophie says if you contact them. I bet that's the case... No pun intended. :D

4. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

And there is the Apple version! How is the fit when snapped in?

5. rocksyoursock thread starter macrumors regular

rocksyoursock

Okay consensus says that there is a different Apple version which I apparently have.

Well as you can see in the picture, the bottom part, when attached doesn't line up properly on the one side, but that seems somewhat common in both versions.

The fit is awfully tight. In a YouTube video a reviewer showed how his iphone slid around inside the (non-apple case), uncharging itself. That is not an issue with this one (or at least my specific case). However, snapping the phone into the case is scary. Getting the phone out is almost impossible because it fits soooo tight (I don't have any invisible shields or anything on my phone, it's naturally very very tight). I am terrified I'm going to severely scratch the phone removing the case. I really wish I could just slide the phone out. They are charging currently but I will test putting on and removing the case soon.

6. millerhifi macrumors regular

I would send it back and request the standard version that we all seem to have received. That snap design, if its like the iPhone 4 version they made for Apple was terrible and getting the case in and out was just bad!

7. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

That is the Apple version. If you look on Apple's website that is the version they have pictured.

8. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Yeah it was scary bad. I remember the case coming apart every time I took it out. I would return yours and go to Best Buy and pick up the standard. Was there today and they had plenty.