My most OCD complaint ever

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikethebigo, Sep 10, 2010.

1. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I'm just wondering, has anyone noticed that some programs with fast app switching maximize abnormally fast in iOS 4.1? It's most noticeable for me with Safari and Facebook. I hit the icon and instead of the normal smooth animation where the icons quickly fly off screen, it pauses a moment and then pops the app up very quickly. It's a different animation from what I'm used to on 4.0

I know it's super OCD but I even restored and it's still doing it. Is anyone else noticing this?

2. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

I know, right?? I almost can't believe I noticed/it bothers me. But it does. Laugh away!

3. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

From steve.jobs@apple.com 'You are pressing it wrong'.

Wait....I know what it is. It's got to be related to how fast the battery discharges.

Sorry, OP, but that is super OCD.

Are you JB?

4. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

Not jailbroken. Normal iOS 4.1 on an iPhone 4. Is there any way, by chance, to force itunes to redownload ios4? Maybe there's an error in a file somewhere.

5. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Duh...not enough coffee this afternoon. 4.1 isn't JB'able (yet).

I've noticed this on 4.0.1 JB (and alert/sound delays), but some are pointing to it possibly being the 'activator' program.

I highly doubt there's a file error somewhere.

Probably more likely just a memory issue.

Is it only after awhile of use (and many apps possibly open causing the memory issue), or will it happen immediately after a reboot (when mail and phone are most likely the only two apps open).

6. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It seems to open much quicker than most other stock Apple apps (except, Phone and Mail). However, it's still smooth for me, just a lot quicker than, say, Messages or Safari.

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

9. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

So it's true! Call me OCD all you want, if others are experiencing it too, there must be SOME kind of problem. Not a real problem per se, haha, but a problem.

Anyone else want to chime in? Making fun of me or contributing to the topic would both be welcome :D

10. techluvr macrumors regular

I seriously tried to downgrade because of this. When it told me my backup wouldn't work, I went back. It still does it. ;(

11. sdmcwilliams macrumors member

sdmcwilliams

Blink 10 times, wash your hands 10 times, lock and unlock the door 10 times then try again.

12. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmm, still does it. Damn, I thought that would work.

13. Amino Man macrumors 6502

I can confirm that I've seen this behavior in 4.1 and I downgraded as quickly as possible (while Apple was still signing the 4.0.2 baseband).

My iPhone is nice and fast again... lag free.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who was bothered by this. I put in a bug report at apple.com/feed back as well as an official bug report at bugreport.apple.com

I hope they fix it as soon as possible. I can not stand jerky animations.

14. Patman macrumors newbie

are you saying in 4.0.2 the icons roll down then the app rolls in?

15. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

we really need an OCD/ I've got nothing better to do than complain subforum

16. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Yes I have! I thought it was me, but I noticed Safari being super quick. I think it will be an easy fix.

17. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

The more important question, does Apple products make people OCD or do OCD people tend to gravitate to Apple products? I'm a member of 75 or more forums but this is the most OCD place I've ever seen,

18. Savor Suspended

Savor

I really wouldn't be OCD about something like this, but this thread does make me appreciate NOT upgrading to 4.1. I am still at the original 4.0 since launch and couldn't be more pleased with it. I never rush to get a software upgrade. I hate all the backing up and waiting....

Honestly, I could care less about Game Center and Ping. Only thing I care for is maybe the HDR which should improve the camera's white balance, but I'm in no rush for it. I could wait until the 4.2 in November, but not a rush with that one either. It is hard to improve perfection. I am looking forward to Android's Gingerbread though because I think Android still needs far more improving....

The key is to never upgrade right away. Some software updates is not really worth it. Wait a week or two after the official release and read the reviews. I think 4.1 is catered more for the iPhone 3G owners who went through hell with 4.0. But for iPhone 4 owners? Not really all that worth it with what it currently offers.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO :D

20. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

"As Good as it Gets" shows that one must flick 5 times the light switch and always discard the soap after the first use w/ burning hot water: :)
    [​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44DCWslbsNM

21. adztaylor macrumors 68000

This happened to me with Twitter and Safari, I restored and set up as new (this wasn't the reason, my usage was matching my standby time even though I wasn't using the phone and sucking my battery dry) But as I did that it's all smooth again.

22. Amino Man macrumors 6502

Weird. I tried restoring as new and nothing changed for me.

Try opening camera, don't taken any photos, then open photos.app. Then go back to the home screen and press photos again. That's when I would see the lag. Also when opening voice memos more than once.