My movie app hope...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtfield, Apr 22, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

If there are any developers out there that have some free time on their hands I would love to see some type of movie app for the iphone that tied into like movietickets.com or something where you could have selected movie theaters then pick a movie, get running times, synopses, and watch a trailer for the film, then finally with stored credit card information we could buy a ticket with a push of a button and then just pick it up at the theater... so I hope something like this comes out, because i'm an avid film buff and this would be a great thing! thanks anybody have any thoughts on this? or other ideas for this app?

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Your best idea would be to contact Hollywood.com or one of the other sites like that (MovieWatcher.com could do it for AMC) and tell them to write a WebApp. There wouldn't be much of a need to have an app on the iPhone when you need so much info on the movie system's servers. So that could be done now. It's a very good idea. I just think the companies are slow to spend a lot of money on something that only 4 million worldwide have access to.

3. mtfield thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been to fandango on the iphone and while it's nice for just finding out times... it is clunky to get to running times or synopsis and there is no way to buy tickets or watch trailers...

4. maxxscholten macrumors regular

You can buy tickets with the iphone formatted page of fandango... it just depends if the theatre you want to buy tickets from supports online ticket sales, or support fandango..

As for watching trailers, you're right, you can't do that, but you could always just go to the YouTube App and type it in and I guarantee you it'll be there. Ex. "21 Trailer"

I guess that's not the nice organized all-in-one movie thing you were thinking of though. Hey, maybe someone actually will make it, I wouldn't mind getting it.

5. touchyphone macrumors regular

IMO that's a pointless app, there is already a wide array of movie webapps available, a native one would make no difference IMO.

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

moviesapp.com