My MP keeps turning itself on at random times

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by knome, Jan 20, 2008.

1. knome macrumors 6502

knome

I have no idea why its happening. Some nights it turns itself on every 30-50 minutes, some nights not at all, and some nights it will just turn itself on once. It never does it before midnight though. I have absolutely no idea why it is doing it. I checked the energy save scheduler and it doesn't have anything in it. I also disabled all the wake upon stuff. Including the restart in case of power failure. This is really starting to boggle my mind. I've started just pulling the chord out of the machine every night. I really don't know what to do. I've tried hitting the death button and resetting the pram. Anyone have any other ideas?

BTW i have a UPS hooked up to the machine also.

Is there like a master scheduler to see what is going on?

2. mikee1979 macrumors newbie

This is happening to me too, I go home from work and it's turned off after double checking to make sure. In the morning it's turned on. I have'nt even got the stratup enabled in the energy saver. I have no idea whats going on so sorry I'm not much use.

This only happend after I installed OS X 10.5 by the way. Maybe one of the 300 feature they should of left out.