My mum Switched!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by costabunny, May 10, 2009.

1. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Well having moved back to the UK with my Mum n sister, I have replaced her HP PC with my Mac Mini (CoreDuo 1.66) and she is currently loving the new experience. She loves the apple site with its great vids n tutorials.

Now I have to work on my little sister.......

2. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I talked my 'rents into making the jump a bit over a year ago. Dey's lovin' it. :)

Good for you!

3. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Thats awesome we need more switchers. So far i have converted two people at work, both now use macs. Still trying with my parents.

4. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

im actually amazingly good at converting my mates, converted...6 of my friends now ! lol!
    just cant crack my mum, shes always saying "oh they are too expensive"

shes not a tech person, and she recently got an iPhone (bitch) and she is LOVING that so maybe she will change her mind :D

5. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

That's harsh, why would you even call your mom that, even as a joke?

Anyways, I got my family friend to convert and both of my cousins, one of my cousins just went to his dad and said he didn't want his laptop and he wanted a MacBook like mine. The other (his younger brother) is doing it in a way which is not usually discussed here :)

6. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

I finally convinced my father to get a Mac!

It's not the operating system that turned him off, but the price. He was still using a Dell from 2003, a Dell that was bottom-of-the-line in 2001 probably. haha.

Got him to order the updated 2.0Ghz, and even got him to get the upgraded 2GB of RAM to help with the longevity of the system.

Now I just need to get my mother. haha.

7. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

Happy mothers day. My parents switched 3 years ago :)

8. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Seeing as we're sharing convert stories, I've pulled *counts* I think 8? people into the Mac world. So far I've not heard any complaints but more requests of 'How do I do this?'

One friend hates Apple with a passion. He gave in last year to an iPod Nano because he likes podcasts and after playing with my iPhone, he got one 3 days later. He's now thinking about getting a Mac but the price is a bit of an issue for him.

9. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

ALMOST got my mom converted over. My dad used to use them at work so he's already sold on one, but up until recently my mom has been too scared to consider switching. I just pointed out that she can either spend $2,000 on a Dell that won't last 2 years, or $2,500 on a Mac and get years of (enjoyable) use from it. She's almost there. :D

10. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

Yeah... In addition to converting my father, I have also converted 4 other friends, so I guess I am up to 5 now... does apple give you a free MBP if you convert 50 in a year? haha.

They should set up a referral program. ;D

11. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Check my earlier statement. I think I'm starting to pave some roads into getting mum to buy an iPhone.. She yardsales for eBay stuff, and being able to check the value of something right there in the moment would be almost invaluable.

12. AppleJan macrumors newbie

Totally hooked, and loving it. Goodbye to Windows forever, that is at home anyway. Will work on my boss.:D

13. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I wish I could get my mom to switch. I would take my PowerBook with me when visiting, and show her how simple and elegant OSX was. I would tell her about how safe it was, and easy to use. The only response I usually got was "where is the Start button?". When her white box PC I built for her years ago finally died last year, I tried to talk her into a Mini, but got nowhere. She wanted a machine that looked like the one she used at work. I gave up on the idea.

14. costabunny thread starter macrumors 68020

costabunny

uh oh... now mum is on here I guess I had better watch what I say ..... :D