My music has disappeared from my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DCSY, Nov 5, 2013.

1. DCSY macrumors newbie

After adding a few songs to my iPhone 5s running 7.0.3, I tried to play a few songs that were already on the phone before I added the new songs using iTunes. However I was greeted with a nice circle and exclamation point, with no error message associated with it. This has happened to 1800 or so of my songs out of 3000. Is there a way I can recover these songs without having to go through my entire library?

Additional info:
    I choose to manually manage my music and videos
    When I click sync at the bottom if iTunes, the bar showing the amount of storage left decreases as if the music has been re-added to the phone. from 36.4GB Free to 20.66 GB Free
    When I go into Settings>General>About, Songs,Videos, and Photos all say "Loading..."

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

were those songs on the phone from icloud or synced physically through itunes?

3. DCSY thread starter macrumors newbie

Synced through itunes

In the end I just resynced everything on and spent an hour sorting through my music

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

ah, glad you got it all sorted out. ive had similar issues with pics i have synced and a resync usually fixes it.