My music library on iPhone and iPad is broken

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Shirasaki, Aug 10, 2015.

?

Which way do you listen to music?

Poll closed Aug 20, 2015.
  1. Listen to music locally

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Listen to music over the air

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mix of both

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

This day morning, I try to centralise my messed up iTunes library metadata, and sync them to my iPhone.

After completing changing, I plug in my iPhone, and start syncing. It completes "as expected" with 97 items fail to sync. I don't care much, and move to music app.

Guess what I find? None of my music is listed in music app, nor those in the cloud (purchased songs). After switching to mobile network, those purchased songs are back (not all of them because some of these are purchased in another store).

And iTunes shows me 55 GB of "others", which is my entire music library, plus something else, about 3GB.

Can't believe such massive metadata could break the entire library. Fortunately I completely disable Apple Music, or everything will be a mess.

I use iOS 9 beta 5 on iPhone and iPad so I post it here. Plus I run the fifth beta of El Capitan.

2. fastforward23 macrumors newbie

Had the same thing happen to me. Had to use iExplorer and manually delete the music off the phone to remove it from Other. Also won't let me sync audiobooks or epubs without it automatically going to the Other storage.

3. Shirasaki thread starter macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I am about to use it to solve this.