Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1zach4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Just update the 3GS to iOS 5 and even after restoring from a backup, all of my music, photos, and apps are gone.

The photos are saved to an external HDD, so no worries there. However, all of my music and apps are clearly showing in iTunes, but no matter how many times I try to sync the phone...it won't transfer any of it back to my phone

antonio1475

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Same here, iPad 2. Music (not important) and pictures (important) are gone. Apps restored perfect as well as all data. I'm pissed off, the iPad isn't mine... :(

I've been trying some fixes for this, nothing worked. Are we the only ones?

:eek:

1zach4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Who knows...I just don't understand why I can see everything in iTunes, but absolutely none of it will transfer to my phone :mad:

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
My music is still on iTunes, just not on my phone, and I cannot figure out how to get it back on

If you had "manually manage music" selected in iTunes, you will have to manually add the songs back.

Drag and drop :)

1zach4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Make sure the songs are checked off, then sync it. It should move them over.

Everything was checked...I figured out the issue though

When you select your iphone in iTunes, be sure to go to the top where the "summary" is and check under apps, ringtones, music, movies etc and check the "Sync" box or your phone won't sync any of those items when you do a sync.

:cool:

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
Everything was checked...I figured out the issue though

When you select your iphone in iTunes, be sure to go to the top where the "summary" is and check under apps, ringtones, music, movies etc and check the "Sync" box or your phone won't sync any of those items when you do a sync.

:cool:

Good tip! I was having the same problem. Everything is back on my phone now.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Just update the 3GS to iOS 5 and even after restoring from a backup, all of my music, photos, and apps are gone.

The photos are saved to an external HDD, so no worries there. However, all of my music and apps are clearly showing in iTunes, but no matter how many times I try to sync the phone...it won't transfer any of it back to my phone

Music and apps are automatically gone when you update a new iOS on your iDevice... not sure about the pictures tho... they should've stayed on.

mistertmac

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
Alabama
All of your apps are in the Apps store under "updates" and the right tab that says "not on this phone" just go in there to add to your phone from the "cloud":rolleyes:

mr eff

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
All my music remained on my ipad, not in itunes. The restore puts it all back. At least for me it did, and I had quite a bit of music on there. Even playlists were saved.

treved22

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2008
All of your apps are in the Apps store under "updates" and the right tab that says "not on this phone" just go in there to add to your phone from the "cloud":rolleyes:

I get that you can re download everything through iCloud, but I have all my apps nicely arranged in folders, on the correct pages, etc. You mean I have to redownload all of my apps and then rearrange them as well?

I want a MBP

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2008
all of my photos are gonnnee!! :mad::mad::mad:
music i was able to restore but my ringtone isn't listed on the phone anymore either.... :mad::mad::mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.