My Music sync across devices

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by CarlosSAvila, Jul 11, 2015.

1. CarlosSAvila macrumors newbie

CarlosSAvila

So, I just started using Apple Music and there are a lot of things I like and other things I really don't. Maybe it's because i was so used to Spotify from using it for 2 years. I am manually managing my music from Spotify which is a big playlist since everytime I hear a song I like I add it to My music (spotify list). This list is huge since I like to discover a lot of new songs. I don't own an iPhone so I'm doing all the process from my MacBook Air I imagined that if I added the songs to My Music it would instantly sync across my other devices, being my other devices an iMac. But when I opened iTunes in the iMac I can't find a way to see al the music I've already organized. So is there a way to sync the songs I've already selected in my MacBook Air to my iMac? All the songs are from Apple Music catalogue since I organized my local files before starting with Apple Music.

2. ANDJOE macrumors member

ANDJOE

Many people are having trouble with this. Myself included.

3. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Make sure iCloud Music library is enabled in iTunes general preferences on your iMac.

4. CarlosSAvila thread starter macrumors newbie

CarlosSAvila

It is. I managed to sync to my iPad. But still can't sync to iMac.

5. capuzino macrumors regular

Also remember to check that you don't have "Only music available offline" selected under view-menu.

6. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I'm sure you're login into the same AppleID on the iMac?

7. ANDJOE, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015

ANDJOE macrumors member

ANDJOE

I was surprised to find this in the menu of iTunes for Mac. Are we supposed to be manually syncing "my music"?

Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 12.52.42 PM.jpg

8. MentalFloss macrumors 6502a

MentalFloss

I doubt it. For me, it has been working absolutely automagically. I think if it doesn't work for you, even if you have followed the suggestions from this thread, then it is really a bug.

9. ANDJOE macrumors member

ANDJOE

Possible solution! I signed out of my iTunes account on all devices. Then signed in. I had to go back to settings and turn on iCloud Music Library on each device but it seems to be working!