My name is Ken and I am a Android-aholic...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gopens, Feb 16, 2011.

1. gopens macrumors newbie

I have been a long time reader of this forum. The phone I currently use is the HTC EVO. I love this phone. I have read many posts her that knock Android. True Android has its problems JUST LIKE IOS. Both have there pros and cons. Android is only a couple years old and is going to be a very solid OS in the very near future.

With that being said, I am switching to an iphone as soon as the next iphone is released. Not because IOS is that much better then Android (in my eyes), but because all my friends play words with friends, and thats only on the iphone. I know its kinda lame. I also like the simple sync with itunes. Even though transferring music to my Evo is a simple Drag and Drop. Not that big of a deal for me really.

I am not an Android Fanboy in anyway. Far from it actually. My roommate has an iphone and he is an iphone Fanboy. Apple can do nothing wrong in his eyes--and thats sad. Its being closed minded like him that really makes Fanboys look stupid and uneducated. And on the record, Fanboys are on both sides of the IOS vs Android. I frequent a few Android sites and have been flamed many times because I have stuck up for IOS many times.

So I am excited about getting the iphone. I would of gotten an iphone a couple years ago, but Sprints prices were way cheaper then AT&T. Now Sprint is bumping the prices up and AT&T has added the MTAM, It would be about the same price on either carrier.

I wanted to say I do think iphone will announce a new iphone for a summer release. I think if Apple was not going to produce a new iphone this summer, they would announce it. The reason I think they would announce it is because think of all the money that AT&T and now Verizon is losing from potential iphone swithers waiting for the new iphone. Take me for instance. I am waiting to see whats coming out this summer. Thats the only thing holding me up right now. If Apple would announce today that a new phone is not slatted until a summer release, I would go to AT&T today and switch over.

Well hope to get involved in some of the discussions on this forum. Take care.

2. wpotere Guest

Hope you have flame retardant undies!

FYI, Words WIth Friends is actually coming to Andriod very soon, so if that is your only reason for switching you might want to wait.

*CORRECTION* It was already released!

3. kre62 macrumors 68000

Assuming you are being serious, I should tell you that Words With Friends for Android was released 2 days ago. I just battled it out with another evo user.

Other then that, the next iPhone is definitely going to rock your socks off.

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

What problems are you exactly talking about regarding iOS? So far it's been buttery smooth...

Ok, so you're not an android fanboy yet you claim to be an "android-aholic"...

We know Apple is going to release a new iPhone this summer...that's a fact

Welcome!:)

5. gopens thread starter macrumors newbie

All I can say is WOW. I come on here to introduce myself and to announce I am going to get an iphone and LEAVE ANDROID behind, and all I get is HOPE YOU HAVE YOUR FLAME UNDIES ON. Why would I get flamed for this.

I even said if Sprint was so cheap, I would of went to iphone years ago.

I am very confused what I said that pissed some folks off here.

Is it that I am not an EXTREME iphone fan or is it that I also like Android. So in order to be welcomed here you have to HATE Android and LOVE IOS.

I like both OS but I guess that does not fly around here. Sorry guys. I figured I would of gotten a warmer welcome then this. Especially being I have OPENLY stood up for IOS on Android forums :rolleyes:

6. iFitz macrumors regular

To me, it just sounds like you're trying to incite a flame war. No one said anything negative to you. Switching to iPhone just because you want Words with Friends? Hmmm. Sounds weird. I don't see anyone here saying anything other than "welcome" and answering some of your questions, other than the flame undies comment, which I get the feeling was more of a joke.

7. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Welcome! Not everyone here is like that, but many folks here can be quite defensive of an opinion other than their own. Enjoy.

8. gopens thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

9. kre62 macrumors 68000

OK, one guy mentioned that sentence yeah, but no one has said anything mean spirited or inflammatory to you. I think you might be being a little overly sensitive. Also the second paragraph of your post, it isn't too clear that you are being serious, you have an almost mocking tone there. But other than that I dont see any posts that should be taken as seriously as you have. Glad you are an iPhone fan, welcome to the forum.

10. gopens thread starter macrumors newbie

OK. Fair enough. I just don't see how I am trying to start a flame war. I have read my opening post like 10 times, and still don't see why people would assume I have come to battle the 2 operating systems. But thats fine.

I figured this site would be different then the Android Fanboys, but so far, its the same. I just hope some cooler folks come along and see what my post really says and isn't quick to pull out the swords for a fight.

11. iFitz macrumors regular

It wasn't the opening post that gave me that impression, it was the second one. But if this is in all seriousness, then Welcome.

12. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Please go away and stay with Android. Thanks.

13. gopens thread starter macrumors newbie

This is in all seriousness... and thanks.

14. gopens thread starter macrumors newbie

Will do. But you should really be a better ambassador of this site. Telling folks to stay away, is not cool.

Sorry I have upset people here. I tried to come her with handshakes for all. I guess I am not welcomed. This is my last post. Once again, sorry for taking up your time.

15. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

LOL, I was jk b/c you get riled up too easily. It's an internet forum about Apple devices so who cares what people here say. Get the device that is best for you but people aren't going to care about a new thread about some random guy and why he chose to go Android or iOS. Come back when you get the iPhone.

16. kre62 macrumors 68000

Bro, relax. No one is saying anything negative to you. That guy said to stick with android because you get upset so easily, he was messing with you. I think if you re-read this thread later you'd realize that no one is being overly negative or critical of you.

17. Synthion, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011

Synthion macrumors regular

I love both too. I love the experience on both, but iOS is a little bit better IMO. I think that will change soon though. I honestly want to dual-boot a phone with iOS 4.3 and Gingerbread. :apple:+ANDROID, why can't we be friends?

PS: Shut up jw nyc, it doesn't matter if you are joking, you're giving yourself, me, this forum, mac/iOS users, and all of apple a bad name. I think it's cool he is coming on here. In all honesty, I see myself being an android user soon. I just need more unity, stability, and a Media Player (think iPT) with Honeycomb. I'll stil be a Mac tho.

18. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Yea, so cool!!!! This thread is awesome, I don't know what I was thinking giving the Apple fanboy community a bad name.

19. Harpoon Spoon macrumors regular

Seriously? Dude you posted on an open forum did you expect not to get any slack for your comments? You have to understand that some people troll forums to “stir the pot” to keep things interesting. DO NOT let anybody’s crude comments per sway you from making your decision. If you’re truly adamant on purchasing the iPhone then do so. There are some people out there who truly want to help. Welcome

20. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

NO. Please go away and use Blackberry. Android doesn't want you, nor does iOS. I heard Angry Birds and Words with Friends is coming soon to BB.

21. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

well, Words with Friends is already capable to play between iOS and Andriod. I've been playing with a friend since yesterday who has a Samsung Galaxy S.

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Welcome to the site!

There are some uber fanboys here, but you soon learn who they are and there's an option to hide users.

23. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Nope. Get off this board and go to a Nokia Windows Phone. iOS, Android, & Blackberry don't want you. I hear Angry Birds won't be coming to Nokia phones. Ever. :rolleyes:

24. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

Why don't you remove the stick from your rear, my friend...

All he said was prepare to have some flack come your way for having a pointless thread about Android. If that offended you, you definitely don't belong here.