iPod My nano is dead

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
8
NJ/NYC
Well I called customer service and filled out the service request form for repair online.

This is what happened; I was about to go for a run today, but my iPod wouldnt turn on. It is definitely charged, but still doesnt work. Yes, I tried resetting it, connecting it to the computer, yada yada yada and nothing:confused:

Now I have to go and run without my nano:(

Well, hopefully the turnaround time wont be forever..
 

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
107
0
MattyMac said:
Well I called customer service and filled out the service request form for repair online.

This is what happened; I was about to go for a run today, but my iPod wouldnt turn on. It is definitely charged, but still doesnt work. Yes, I tried resetting it, connecting it to the computer, yada yada yada and nothing:confused:

Now I have to go and run without my nano:(

Well, hopefully the turnaround time wont be forever..
Well as long as it is still under warrenty and their is no physical or water damage they will replace it for you! The turnaround isnt that bad, i did it with my nano and had it back with in two weeks from the day i told apple to send me the shipping box!
 

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
107
0
Actually i just thought of a better idea, stupid me. Why dont you just bring it into your local apple store. Bring it to hte genious bar and they will replace it for you right then and their. It is quick and painless. I think that is your best bet!
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
ipodcentral112 said:
Actually i just thought of a better idea, stupid me. Why dont you just bring it into your local apple store. Bring it to hte genious bar and they will replace it for you right then and their. It is quick and painless. I think that is your best bet!

Sorry to hear about your iPod Nano's untimely demise MattyMac, my advice would be to do as ipodcentral112 has suggested and take it to your local Apple Store. :)
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
8
NJ/NYC
dmw007 said:
Sorry to hear about your iPod Nano's untimely demise MattyMac, my advice would be to do as ipodcentral112 has suggested and take it to your local Apple Store. :)
Thanks I was thinking this as well...however I asked the phone support women if I should do that and she said they would probably ask me to go through the online form anyhow or to call the support number. So I went with the online form. Two weeks isn't too bad I suppose. Actually, that's alot of running my iPod will miss:rolleyes:
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
MattyMac said:
Thanks I was thinking this as well...however I asked the phone support women if I should do that and she said they would probably ask me to go through the online form anyhow or to call the support number. So I went with the online form. Two weeks isn't too bad I suppose. Actually, that's alot of running my iPod will miss:rolleyes:
Not bad, two weeks without an iPod is like an eternity! :eek: :p ;) :D
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
8
NJ/NYC
dmw007 said:
Not bad, two weeks without an iPod is like an eternity! :eek: :p ;) :D
Yeah man...luckily I still have a 5G, 4G, and a shuffle:D

...but I used the nano the most...with running and the nike kit and all:(
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
MattyMac said:
Yeah man...luckily I still have a 5G, 4G, and a shuffle:D

...but I used the nano the most...with running and the nike kit and all:(

Well, since you have all of those other iPods, your withdrawal syptoms should be minimal MattyMac. :D :)
 

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
107
0
IDk if the support lady was correct becasue if you make a ipod appointment in the concierge at apple.com support tab you just walk in shoe them your ipod and htey will exchange it for your right their. Just make usre you make an appointment and back up all of your songs!
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
8
NJ/NYC
ipodcentral112 said:
IDk if the support lady was correct becasue if you make a ipod appointment in the concierge at apple.com support tab you just walk in shoe them your ipod and htey will exchange it for your right their. Just make usre you make an appointment and back up all of your songs!
Yeah I thought that's how it works...I'll definitely go that route next time!

...I already filled out the online form, so I'll just go with that for now:rolleyes:
 

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
6,746
1,023
ipodcentral112 said:
Actually i just thought of a better idea, stupid me. Why dont you just bring it into your local apple store. Bring it to hte genious bar and they will replace it for you right then and their. It is quick and painless. I think that is your best bet!
Definately do this. I have done this four times with my 4G iPod Photo :)
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
8
NJ/NYC
ipodcentral112 said:
Haha dont worry it works out either way, the other way is just a bit faster but i wouldnt sweat it!
Will do...I'll most likely be recieving my box today to send it out for repair. Hopefully I can get DHL to pick it up ASAP.
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
8
NJ/NYC
Got my box afterwork and I called DHL to schedule a pickup and they are coming today before 7pm. What quick service!
 

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
107
0
MattyMac said:
Got my box afterwork and I called DHL to schedule a pickup and they are coming today before 7pm. What quick service!
Yeah, not too many people use DHL but they really are pretty good and quick.
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
8
NJ/NYC
ipodcentral112 said:
Yeah, not too many people use DHL but they really are pretty good and quick.
Yes they are...and guess what??

My new nano is being delivered tomorrow....amazingly Fast transactions!

Less than a week:D

EDIT: Today
 

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
1,583
1
California
Yea, the thing that scares me about online is if they return it and charge me $100 for normal wear and tear. I never bothered to get a skin for my nano and now it looks like it went through a blender. Worked fine up until a few days ago, when it wouldn't charge. :(

I should go to my local Apple service center or something.
 

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
107
0
After G said:
Yea, the thing that scares me about online is if they return it and charge me $100 for normal wear and tear. I never bothered to get a skin for my nano and now it looks like it went through a blender. Worked fine up until a few days ago, when it wouldn't charge. :(

I should go to my local Apple service center or something.

Did u try and bring it into the apple store?
 

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
826
0
Vancouver
replacement nano

I bought my iPod Nano about two weeks. After the first charge I new I had a lemon on my hands. Battery on lasted four hours. Tried it out for a week, ran power down and up, reinstalled software etc... tried it without backlight, without skipping but it wouldn't last past four hours. Here's what I did. FIRST I called apple and told them the problem. They then gave me a case number and an appointment at the Regent Street apple store. Then I went to the apple store for my appointment and the genius (that always sounds so funny) was going to have me leave it with him for inspection (aaaahhhh) but I pointed out the case number and he said, "oh, you have a case number." And he handed me a new nano. That was that. So. A) Get a case number. B) Head to your apple store. C) Leave very happy. Hope this helps in any sort of mac situations. Cheers, T
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
8
NJ/NYC
tjcampbell said:
I bought my iPod Nano about two weeks. After the first charge I new I had a lemon on my hands. Battery on lasted four hours. Tried it out for a week, ran power down and up, reinstalled software etc... tried it without backlight, without skipping but it wouldn't last past four hours. Here's what I did. FIRST I called apple and told them the problem. They then gave me a case number and an appointment at the Regent Street apple store. Then I went to the apple store for my appointment and the genius (that always sounds so funny) was going to have me leave it with him for inspection (aaaahhhh) but I pointed out the case number and he said, "oh, you have a case number." And he handed me a new nano. That was that. So. A) Get a case number. B) Head to your apple store. C) Leave very happy. Hope this helps in any sort of mac situations. Cheers, T
Awesome...I will remember that for next time!