Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

realeric

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
United States
Oct 20, 2010. LA Times Netflix expects by the end of this year to start letting subscribers give up the shiny discs. Chief Executive Reed Hastings said Netflix was looking to offer a new lower-cost plan through which subscribers could access movies and TV shows solely online.

All consumers will be able to sign up for streaming-only service. Hastings did not identify a price, but it is likely to be the same as it is in Canada.

My Netflix plan is already a streaming-only service for $7.99 per month in the US. I subscribed the service this month after getting a new Apple TV. :D

Here is the my account information:

Attachments

• netflix_myplan.png
    netflix_myplan.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 131

laurim

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2003
Minnesota USA
Interesting. When I go to change plans, my option says it's Starz Play only and live Starz tv. That would leave out a lot of the non-Starz streaming movies, but the more recent movies tend to be Starz. I'll probably wait a couple months, though, to see how many more current movies Netflix adds. I definitely would like to go all streaming if the selection is good enough and it has been getting better already.

Starz Play Only (no DVDs)
$7.99 a month
Only includes access to Starz Play and live Starz Play TV channel
Unlimited streaming of Starz Play
No DVD rentals are included

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.