My new 23" ACD.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Halsey12, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Halsey12 macrumors regular

Is perfect, and beautiful. It puts my 17" Powerbook's screen to absolute shame. I went to my local Mac store to buy a MacBook Pro, but after seeing the Samsung paneled display model and it's lower third of warmness (yellow), I got scared and figured I'd just wait for the 17" to eventually get the LED screen and upgrade come Leopard. So a new monitor maybe will make my computer seem new enough for the time being.

I didn't notice much difference in brightness between the 17" and the 15" MacBook Pro's... and could only see a slight upgrade in smoothness on the LED model. They both looked great.

I got the 23incher home and was like "wow, it's so big!"... and not 10 minutes later I was thinking "maybe I should have gotten the bigger one..." Ha! I just really don't know how anyone would want to place a plastic nasty Dell in front of them and stare at it everyday if you could sit and stare at sleekly bent aluminum with such subtle and sexy lines. I feel lucky to have something so nice.

2. brettjohn macrumors member

good for you. that's a nice screen to have

I've ordered the 30" ACD and hopefully it comes in tomorrow. Can't wait *drools*

3. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I also have bought one recently and I totally agree!!

4. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I am holding out for a 23" LED with a built in isight :p

I can dream cant I?

5. MacBook Jack macrumors newbie

Maybe the Dell users are smug in the knowledge they saved a few quid?! :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for 23" acd with led! :D

6. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I'm glad you like your 23" :D I have one also, they're beautiful things and 'just the right size' for most tasks, more than big enough for the majority of computer users.

Mine's at home, I use a 30" ACD for work - again, beautiful and flawless.

Dell monitors can be incredibly cheap with the right deals, and I applaud them for the amount of screen real estate that can be had for so little money, but I know what I'd rather look at all day long :p

7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I hope you don't mind dreaming for a very long time :p