double329

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
I am super careful guy and I still managed to drop my 3 days old iPad Air:( I put it on the chair back side down, I guess the seat was tilted and the aluminum back just didn't had the grip. It just slid right off on the floor surfed the floor for few feet. I almost got the heart attack!! The Air is not light enough to glide over the floor. Luckily, it survived the fall without any dent or scratches.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I got Applecare+ for mine because I remember dropping my shiny new iPad 3. It fell from the seat to the carpeted floor (what? 2 feet?) and the screen shattered. It fell juuuuuuuust right. Or wrong. Apple was nice enough to swap it out for me at no cost. Very nice of them. So now I buy Applecare+.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I knew it was light but if it's drooping thats not made very sturdy!

You have much better luck than me. My air has a tiny scuff on the back I have no idea the origin of. If I dropped it the iPad would explode into 1,500 pieces.

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
I am super careful guy and I still managed to drop my 3 days old iPad Air:( I put it on the chair back side down, I guess the seat was tilted and the aluminum back just didn't had the grip. It just slid right off on the floor surfed the floor for few feet. I almost got the heart attack!! The Air is not light enough to glide over the floor. Luckily, it survived the fall without any dent or scratches.

You need to wait for the Helium or Hydrogen models...

Clint

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
I got Applecare+ for mine because I remember dropping my shiny new iPad 3. It fell from the seat to the carpeted floor (what? 2 feet?) and the screen shattered. It fell juuuuuuuust right. Or wrong. Apple was nice enough to swap it out for me at no cost. Very nice of them. So now I buy Applecare+.

Apple charged me ~$300 for replacing my dad's iPad 3 with shattered screen during the warranty period :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.