My New Apple TV!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by thomamon, Oct 24, 2010.

1. thomamon macrumors 6502a

thomamon

Just got it the other day and using it for the first time tonight. We rented Desperate Housewives because our DVR missed it for some reason last week and all I have to say is WOW!

The picture is cleared then my DirecTV. I am blown away with everything about it, no lag time either. I really hope more networks jump on board with this, why wouldn't they? It is incredible.

Just had to share this with someone!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

its obvious why
    [​IMG]

Apple is Renting TV shows just hours after they're broadcasted (they become available at Midnight) on television for just $.99 and no ads.

3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I wish they would off a subscription service similar to Netflix, would be perfect (for me) then.

4. whynot83706 macrumors 6502

whynot83706

They are probably making more money this way...

5. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

I haven't yet rented any movies or TV shows, but my new :apple:tv is still getting plenty of play these past couple of weeks. Earlier today, my daughter watched a string of her shows (both old and new) that I've HandBraked over the past year or so, and my wife and I just finished watching a few standup comedy bits on YouTube.

Like the OP, I really hope some of the major broadcast networks get in on this, perhaps via the rumored :apple:tv App Store. I'd pay for a channel app or two. I don't know about a subscription, though. I could do with limited commercials, I guess.

6. Evo-L macrumors member

If I could get an HBO season pass for $15 for every show I watch on there through some app, I would get rid of my cable.

7. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

i wana know where house went! fox is still on board right?

8. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I think House is not owned by Fox (I think they are owned by Paramount).

9. mags631 Guest

I'm not show who "they" is, but I think studios are experimenting with lots of models with different distributors. Apple can coerce / ask for the pricing they think is best, but at the end of the day, the studios have the control since they own the content.

10. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I am about 1/3 the way through encoding my movie collection for iTunes (have about 200 done). I also have about 10 different TV show collectios to go through.

All of that plus netflix and youtube, this ATV is working out very good for us. I am using my EyeTV to record the few TV shows that we watch on a regular basis. The eyeTV software does a great job of exporting the recorded shows right into iTunes when they are done recording. :D