My new Applt TV3 arrived in mail today!!! set up??

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I'm so excited! I've been waiting since launch day to get this in the mail!! My fiance is away at work now, but I want to set it up and test NOW :) My fiance and I originally bought this for the bedroom b/c we already have streaming in Living Room but I'd rather play w it first on our larger tv. :D Hmm where should it go ?!

Do I need any additional cords?? Set up tips?!

Last edited:

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I'm so excited! I've been waiting since launch day to get this in the mail!!
My fiance and I originally bought this for the bedroom b/c we already have streaming in Living Room but I'd rather play w it first on our larger tv. :D Hmm where should it go ?!

Do I need any additional cords?? Set up tips?!
What do you use in the living room now?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
All you got to do is to plug the Power cord, plug the HDMI cable, go to settings, add your Apple ID and you are done.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
several things. samsung dvd player and my fiances sony playstation.
Living room. If you have the extra inputs available, it's so easy to set up, I would try it next to your other sources and see what works best for you. It looks very nice on a large screen. I suspect you might be buying another one for the bedroom.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Living room. If you have the extra inputs available, it's so easy to set up, I would try it next to your other sources and see what works best for you. It looks very nice on a large screen. I suspect you might be buying another one for the bedroom.
Lol you're probably right. I want one in both rooms now! :cool::D