My New Blog & Layout, What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by andreab35, Nov 14, 2009.

1. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Hey all!

Well, I'm going to be entering the blogging world soon... but before I do, I tried to prepare my site as much as possible so it's presentable before I start doing my posts.

Here is my website below:
    http://www.technolochic.com

What do you guys think of the design? I tried my best and edited some things so everything can turn out correctly.
    A lot of things are blank because I don't have posts yet, but I will be adding some once I completely finish the site layout first.

So overall, what are your opinions? Do things look clean? Are Adsense ads placed ok?

I just need a general judgement before I continue things.
    Thank you for all of your opinions!

All criticism is accepted.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If your goal is to make money, keep the advertising column where it is. If your goal is to not piss off your readers, move that column to the left. Content before profit should be your priority, and if your readers are greeted with a huge ad column before they even begin reading what you've written you have already lost them.

Otherwise it looks fine, I guess. I'd like to see what you're planning to do with the middle column though.

3. andreab35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Thanks for replying! :)

My goal is kind of both: to make a profit and to have readers enjoy my blog without pissing them off.

Once everything is clean cut and ready to go layout wise, I will be adding my blog posts to start something up.

So where shall I go from here?

4. besler3035 macrumors 6502a

So...other than adding advertisements to the left column, what exactly did you change from the original Mimbo Pro theme?

And, more importantly, why did you pay for the Mimbo Pro theme for a personal site like this?