My new favorite MobileMe feature...

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by dasikes, Aug 5, 2008.

1. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Alright, so aside from being a student, I work as an editor/videographer. Particularly with my freelance work, I usually have to get clients different drafts of projects.

MobileMe's video gallery username/password required option is amazing. I just make a username and password for the client, and email them the draft. No authoring, no wasted trips or time, nothing. It's amazing.

A simple feature that I'm pretty sure has been around since .Mac, but I LOVE it!

Right up there with it is:

• Back to My Mac
    • Push/Sync (work G5, home iMac, Dell Laptop, and iPod Touch)
    • One-click iWeb publishing

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

It is a pretty cool service when it works. I have the trial (extended by a month, thank you Steve!), but I haven't found myself using it, so it's not for everyone. But I'm glad you like it.

3. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

I would use it, as it is a really cool feature, and I love the way you can change the arrangement of the photos.

But I'm too much of a Facebooker/Beboer - I put all my photos there.

4. chicken123 macrumors newbie

password

Please tell me how do you set the password option. I don't see this option in my mobile me gallery. Thanks

5. jpvaz macrumors member

You have to set the password on iPhoto, then sync it to MobileME. That way you can have password protected gallerys.
    I don't think you can put a password on any gallery directly on the MobileME admin web page...

I will post a image in a bit.

6. jpvaz macrumors member

Here it is:

After you hit the MobileMe button you get the following options:

[​IMG]

In here, you can select Edit Names and Passwords and create a username and a password to restrict access to you MobileMw gallery.

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Just another reason why Mobileme is so valuable on a Mac. You get so much more use out of Mobileme on a Mac. Good find.:D

8. chicken123 macrumors newbie

9. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862