Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

czachorski

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
Don't listen to anyone - this is a hardcore Apple forum, where people pay attention to the release cycles and every little detail about any Apple product.

Fact is, you bought a great computer that will be able to last you at least three, four years so enjoy it!

BINGO! Great points.

I have some friends that bought a 20" White iMac G5 about 3-4 years ago. To them, their computer is still "new" and is a wonder that they enjoy using and discovering every day. They are oblivious to the changes and new models that have come out since - they simple don't track those kind of things. Most people in the world are probably like that, but most people in here are not. The OP should keep that in mind when reading all the "wait" posts.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
congrats!

I bought my iMac in October because windows was crashing hard. i had to buy for work. I love it. i feared that an update would not happen the following week...it didn't, then in a month's time it still had not updated. the computer rocks. enjoy it!!

jamin100

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2008
I say send it back.
Then buy a refurb imac from the apple store. There were some on yesterday for £640. Bargin.

Then with the money you'll save buy some extras!

Video Monkey13

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2008
Central PA
I'm typing this note on my white 24" iMac that I purchased about 4 months before Apple went with the aluminum. I remember being bummed about it at the time but have had nary a regret since. The one thing smart that I did was to protect myself as best I could against the onslaught of redundancy -- upgraded the video card, hd, ram and processor. I don't think my computer is much slower than the new iMacs even to this day.

Enjoy.

Did you upgrade the video card yourself or did you special order your iMac with the better card? I'm curious because I have the last-generation 20" White iMac (before the switch to aluminum) and love it! I'm able to run Photoshop, After Effects and FCE with no problems.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Your choice of specs would have been more for the money if the purchase had waited.

Jeez, it's a christmas gift :p

Nothing wrong with the machine that was purchased, and there's not even close to a guarantee that new iMacs are coming soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.