Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maximal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
So after almost a week of wait for my imac to be shipped, fedex estimated that my Imac would be delivered to me today. Though this morning it statue update from "Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN" to "In transit CALGARY, AB", thats kind of strange because I live in Montreal. On top of the the estimated delivery date changed from today to... nothing. And it haven't moved from Calgary for the whole day. So now I am pretty sure I won't have it today and because its friday it mean I won't have it until monday. Fedex doesn't deliver the week end right?

Sorry that's more of a rant than anything else... But feel free to post your personal experience.

Maximal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Well it's no more in Memphis... kind of strange it didn't just go from memphis to Montreal.. Not Memphis to Calgary for then Montreal.

Maximal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Give em a call, I'd be pissed! You might be able to get some compensation.

What are they gonna do? They won't ship it this weekend and it will surely be deliver at my house on monday anyway. So I could call them but it won't change the fact that I will only have it monday. Or does Fedex deliver the weekend in Montreal?

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
... "Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN" to "In transit CALGARY, AB", thats kind of strange because I live in Montreal.

... But feel free to post your personal experience.

Memphis is a shady place.

I will actually be there tomorrow for a family Christmas thing.

Actually, Calgary is pretty shady place too.... :)

@ OP: This is not unusual. We've order several items from the refurb store, which seem to ship from California. We live in BC. In each case the item went to an eastern city - Montreal once - before coming back to the coast. I have no idea why. Nor why eastern shipments have to come west. Perhaps Apple is collecting airmiles?

In one case, the shipment actually entered Canada via Vancouver, a stone's throw away from us. Before heading to Toronto, and then coming back to Nanaimo. It's frustrating, but you either live with it and laugh, or you get ulcers.

Congrats on the new iMac!

ps We were in Montreal in November - not for the 1st time - but it reminded us how much fun Montreal is. Even visited the Apple Store downtown.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Is there a reason why you needed it today instead of Monday?

Just live by the mantra, 'it'll get there when it gets there' and you will be much happier in life.

Maximal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Is there a reason why you needed it today instead of Monday?

Just live by the mantra, 'it'll get there when it gets there' and you will be much happier in life.

No, not really it's just that now I need to wait the whole weekend to I have it and in the first place I was suppose to have it for this week... It just kind of suck, but monday should come fast.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
No, not really it's just that now I need to wait the whole weekend to I have it and in the first place I was suppose to have it for this week... It just kind of suck, but monday should come fast.

Haven't you heard? Monday is cancelled next week, as a cost saving measure, so you'll have to wait 'til the following Monday... sorry.....

Maximal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
^Oh thats too bad!

Anyway, I can't wait to play skyrim (I made sure that I could run it on that new Imac) and I can't wait to start painting (digi painting) on the giant 27 inches display of the imac.

horus08

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sure if you can be in montreal before monday :)

So when did you get yours?
Same thing is happening to me right now. It's been in Calgary since 10:05 am March 27 and hasn't moved. I live in Vancouver. It used to say on the tracking page that the delivery date is estimated for March 28 by 6 pm but now there is no estimated delivery date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.