my NEW ip4 video wallpaper + zero icon/single page springboard *vid*

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by strodda, Sep 22, 2010.

1. strodda macrumors regular

i was asking around, and someone gave me the idea to use the cydia app "categories"... so i did. it works the same way as ios4's folders, but im able to mess with system files easier.

i categorized everything into 7 folders and they put those folders into a single folder. then i ssh'd into the phone and edited the png icon for the folder, made it a blank square and put it back into the phone.

the wallpaper was a random 720p video i found online and cropped it to fit the screen of my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLLOyC1QPEk

2. xcel360 macrumors regular

Very nice. Are you planning on uploading it anywhere?

3. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

What's the point of starting a new thread about your phone set up when there's already a thread for that? And on top of that you don't provide the downloads or instructions for it

4. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Angry elf

5. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Indeed I am

6. strodda thread starter macrumors regular

Hahaha, alright guys, calm down.

And if it's an issue that I had a different thread, then you should already know the wallpaper is a mpeg4 with vwallpapers.

But I can post instructions if some are interested. What exactly is wanted?

Do you want me to upload the video wallpaper or put up instructions to hide the folders?

What I'm doing isn't a hack o anything special, I didn't know a lot of instructions were necessary. But I would be happy to post any info needed.

7. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

I liked it. :D

I would like to know where you found the butterflies.

8. xcel360 macrumors regular

Please post the video file and instructions for anyone that doesnt know how to get vwallpaper on cydia and where to ssh the video on to iphone. Im not a fan of vwallpapers on my phone but some in our community are and would appreciate it.

9. strodda thread starter macrumors regular

here is a quick rundown of the wallpaper.

add "http://i.danstaface.net/deb/" in cydia and install vwallpapers, which is a free app.

then download this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zbgfxw61oz24f5h

which is the mpeg4 files i created of the butterfly wallpaper.

then ssh into your phone(i use winscp). and add the mpeg4 file to location:

/var/mobile/media/skrew/videos

i also upped a file previously of a few other wallpapers.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?269f87hr63x96vx

if there are any interested in the invisible folder, i can help as well.

10. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

Thanx strodda! If you could teach us how to make that cool invisible folder, that would be great!

on a side note, i saw a comment on your youtube video regarding the free memory, and your phone showed only 50MB free. Are you running tons of apps in the background or this is the effect of the vwallpaper?

Also if you could just input your opinion on your own batt life after beginning to use the vwallpaper, it would be greeeeeeaaatt!

11. strodda thread starter macrumors regular

ill fill you in on the transparent folder later tonight... the wife is telling me i gotta make dinner right now.

but really quick, the low ram was because i always have a lot of things running in the background. here is a pic with everything closed out through "processes" in SBsettings. so all thats running is categories and vwallpapers. as you can see, memory is not a problem. as from what ive noticed, neither is any battery drain.

[​IMG]

12. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

Couple questions. The dock. Is that infinidock? Also how do you get the icons that small?

13. strodda thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, it's infinidock. I set it to 9 icons and turned scroll off. I made the small icons myself by editing the png files. You also need to get rid of the icon shadow or else there will be gray squares behind all the tiny icons.

I'll upload a theme with the icons and shadow delete. You would probably also want to download "no docked icon labels" from cydia.

14. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

looking good! :) looking forward to trying out your theme! very creative what you did with the invisible icon!

Just installed CatergoriesSB and like it! :)

15. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

16. galanoth macrumors member

First thing i noticed was the great lockscreen.
    Was that custom made?
    I would love something like that.

17. strodda thread starter macrumors regular

You can use one of many video editing programs. I use one called tmpgenc xpress.

18. strodda thread starter macrumors regular

It's called slantedlock. It's a lockscreen theme that I downloaded.

19. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Obviously each person does whatever s/he wants with their devices, but isn't a video wallpaper a strain on the battery life?
    Considering how pricey an iPhone is, I would avoid that kind of goodies.
    Just my uncalled-for 2 cents :cool:.

20. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

doesn't drain my battery at all

21. strodda thread starter macrumors regular

me neither.

im sure it does put a little drain on the battery, but its not noticeable. and the wallpaper doesnt run constantly. it restarts whenever you are brought back to the SB. so unless you sit there for minutes, staring at your springboard, while the video loops... its not draining anything.

22. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

Not at all actually. Unlike some winterboard video wallpapers, vwallpaper's videos only run when you're on the springboard. As soon as you open an app or lock your phone, etc., it switches to a plain black background (it happens quick but you notice it). You're only on your springboard for a few seconds at a time so a video playing for such a short length should have relatively no impact on battery life.

23. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

strodda! Could you let us know how to remove the background shadow of the folder icon? I could make it transparent, but the background shadowy thingy is still there!

and thanx for sharing your vwallpaper...really creative layout on the iphone!

24. strodda thread starter macrumors regular