My new ipad unlimited

Discussion in 'iPad' started by burp43, Jun 14, 2010.

1. burp43 macrumors newbie

I bought a 64gb 3G ipad from Bestbuy last night, and activated the $29.99 unlimited plan when I got home. I thought this wasn't possible anymore? Anyway, I'm loving the ipad! :D

2. 191185 macrumors newbie

That's funny, cause about 3 days ago I was set to buy one just to get locked in the unlimited plan, and I called ATT to verify I could still get it.. she said no.. so they lost a sale until ipad 2 comes out .. .

now if i could walk in my bestbuy and buy a new one with unlimited i would. . .

3. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I'm curious.....does this basically say that AT&T or Apple set aside certain SIM #'s that were allowed the Unlimited plan? :confused:

4. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

5. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

I just bought a 64gb 3G from the local Apple store about an hour ago, got home and was also able to to activate the unlimited data plan for $29.99 a month. Service is up and running.

6. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502

nj-mac-user

I started a thread about this about a week ago.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=929951&highlight=

Basically, don't ask or trust any reps from AT&T or Apple because they simply don't know. It's an unadvertised offer that you will only see when trying to sign up for data at this moment. Nobody knows for sure how much longer it will last.