Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vonniet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2011
I have bought a new ipad today 32gb wi fi 3G got home from store and started to charge it...it is now 5 hours and is showing nothing at all except when I try to turn it on there is a USB diagram and an itunes logo...that is it.. it does not show how much charge is there or whatever.:( I am wondering how long it is going to take. Can anyone help is this normal? I have found the manual very disappointing and also the help on line.:mad:

DeaconGTG

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
Have you plugged it into a computer yet? The icons you are getting are indicating that you need to connect the iPad to iTunes to activate it.

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
You need to download itunes on your PC or Mac and connect your ipad to activate it. You don't need to wait fro it to charge, they normally come with a healthy charge anyway.

It does say this in the manual.

vonniet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2011
You need to download itunes on your PC or Mac and connect your ipad to activate it. You don't need to wait fro it to charge, they normally come with a healthy charge anyway.

It does say this in the manual.

Ok I am now connected to my pc and nothing is happening. Can you help please? Sorry!

DeaconGTG

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
Ok I am now connected to my pc and nothing is happening. Can you help please? Sorry!

If you have not already, download itunes. Then reconnect the ipad again.

If nothing is happening still, make sure that you are connected directly to your pc. For example, if you are using a usb port on your keyboard, it may not be able to sync.

vonniet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2011
If you have not already, download itunes. Then reconnect the ipad again.

If nothing is happening still, make sure that you are connected directly to your pc. For example, if you are using a usb port on your keyboard, it may not be able to sync.

Ok I did that it is so cool I am typing from my iPad just one more thing please how do I get the sim in as I am at present on my wireless network:)

DeaconGTG

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
Ok I did that it is so cool I am typing from my iPad just one more thing please how do I get the sim in as I am at present on my wireless network:)

Assuming you bought it brand new the sim card should already be in the device. If you are trying to activate it go the the settings app on your ipad and check the Cellular Data setting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.