My New iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Siobhan98, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Siobhan98 macrumors member

My New iPhone

Today, I received my very first iPhone as a gift from a friend for easter, I used to have a android so I believe this is a big step up :) It is silver and white and I have a gorgeous apple battery case on it! I love it so much!

Post what your iPhone is like and what sort of case you use! I would absolutely love to know! Thanks :D

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Some will say that this thread is unnecessary, but those are the ones who have forgotten the joy of a brand new device. :)

I have a space grey iPhone 6 which I either keep in a clear case or a very thin black one.

3. CB636 macrumors newbie

4. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

I have a 6plus space gray, but I want a gold SE because I think SE stands for 'Steve Edition'.

5. Siobhan98 thread starter macrumors member

I never thought of that! before my iPhone 6 I had a samsung galaxy s6 and I think if I bought a 4" phone it would be too small for me as I'm used to large android phones.

6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Here you go…

Pic taken with my iPad Air 2. ;)

2016-03-27 11.36.42.jpg

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nope.
    SE = Special Edition

9. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Congrats, I need friends like yours! Here is my combo of iphone 6, ipad mini 2, and Apple Watch Sport (AWS) 42mm on an Enblue W3 stand. Not shown: iPhone 6S Plus which was used to take the pic [​IMG]
    The 6 has a Spigen thin fit case[​IMG]and S Plus has an Aduro case/holster/kickstand combo. But, since I don't use holsters, I modified it to be a powered automobile dock[​IMG][​IMG]

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Out of curiosity, why does one need and iPad Mini, an iPhone 6, AND an iPhone 6S Plus?

That's 3 devices very similar in form and function.

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

For the same reason one needs a 17" PowerBook G4, a 17" MacBook Pro, a PowerMac G4 (with a 1.8Ghz dual processor and six screens) an iPad Air 2, an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 6s+.

Options! :rolleyes:

12. Siobhan98 thread starter macrumors member

I love your case! Black and space grey would have been my second colour choice, they look awesome!
    --- Post Merged, Mar 27, 2016 ---
    They look great! The black and space grey is very pretty :)

13. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I like that ... Steve edition ....

14. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Very nice wallpapers. Is there any chance you could share?

15. Siobhan98 thread starter macrumors member

yes I also love them wallpapers, I have a green leaf on my lock screen at the moment but id prefer one like this. :)

16. Skorpio, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016

Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

It's not a bad question, and I have multiple answers:
    1)Right now, my jailbroken 128gb 6 is my small pocket moblie phone, my mountain bike/exercise iPod, and in house entertainment hub that splits music through my house via Bluetooth.
    My jailbroken 128gb 6s+ is my go-to for mobile entertainment and OIS picture/video taking while I'm out and about(unless I wear tighter clothing).
    The jailbroken 64gb iPad mini cellular used to serve as my infotainment/GPS unit on the dash of my old Honda until I sold it, but now stays at the house most of the time now, and is used for watching movies, YouTube, and websites that are much more easier to see/navigate with a tablet.

2) I always keep a back up phone (6), for which will be of use when the 6S Plus gets sold right around the time the 7 will be announced, so I will (hopefully) get top dollar, then use that top dollar towards the next latest/greatest(but not until sales/availability hypes down). Eventually, all my products get cycled out with newer versions when I see fit.

3) Because I can. And, I feel very fortunate and lucky to be able to have, like eyoungren said, options.

I have also tinkered with the idea of picking up an excellent conditioned iPad Air 2 for even bigger viewing at home, but maybe that's a little overkill, ya think?!

17. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Of course, enjoy![​IMG][​IMG]

18. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Thanks!

19. Siobhan98 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!! I'm gonna use the first one for my lock screen and the second for my app home screen!

20. Skorpio, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016

Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

21. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

This is an uplifting thread. It makes me happy to see people excited about their devices. It sounds silly but sometimes I think some of us forget how fortunate we are to have what we have.
    Congratulations on your gift - what a sweet friend. Enjoy it!!

22. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

I have a space grey 6plus and a silver 6s. Both of my phones have numerous cases. But my go to on both are the rhinoshield bumper. They are great and you still can see the whole phone. Love them.

Attached Files:

23. Siobhan98 thread starter macrumors member

I think that if someone is a fan of this range of screen sizes then these 3 apple devices are perfect for them. Its just personal taste and everyone differs in what they use there devices for.

24. willmtaylor, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I understand those justifications, and each to his/her own, but I could never justify spending so much of my family's hard-earned money on such similar devices. Furthermore, I would never want to keep up with more than one phone. And the idea that I would have a certain phone for certain types of clothing, is something that I would never consider if I lived to be 1000.

That's me though.

And I wasn't questioning the screen size; I was questioning the need to have 3 screens of similar size.

25. Skorpio, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016

Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

That's understandable. I am so lucky to live in a place where people can choose their set ups and have access to companies like Apple that offers multiple choices.
    Like I mentioned above, I sell my phones to upgrade with minimal upgrade net costs, but use a back up to cover the time it takes to find a great deal. Also, if my screen breaks, or phone gets lost/stolen, I have minimal downtime. I look at it as being prepared for the near future while saving some costs.
    I can understand your thinking about phones for different clothing, but I would imagine you have multiple repeated items for certain clothing, such as belts, watches and shoes.
    I admit I also have about 10 different watch bands for my Apple Watch, and I like to match my clothing to my watch whenever I can. I work hard for my money, and I enjoy technology so I splurge a little too much sometimes, but that's just how I roll.[​IMG][​IMG]