My new ipod touch now wont turn on.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PHARPER, May 27, 2009.

1. PHARPER macrumors newbie

I got an ipod touch yesterday and this morning i went to turn it on and it wont turn on. I plugged it into the computer to see if anything would happen and all i got was the sound when it connects to itunes. I was wondering if i had locked the screen somehow. Is there any button that slides to lock or something like that. Obviously as it wont turn on it could possibly be faulty. Please can somebody help me. Any replies will be highly appreciated!

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Theres no lock/hold switch like other iPods. There's just the sleep button on the top that turns the screen off. The only 'unlock' thing is the on-screen slider when you first turn the screen on.

Have you tried holding down both buttons (the home button under the screen and the sleep button) for 10 or 15 seconds to see if it will reboot at all?

3. PHARPER thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try that right now!

4. PHARPER thread starter macrumors newbie

IVAN P you are a bloody GENIUS it has now turned on i am so happy i thought it was broken!! Thanks mate so much!!

5. PHARPER thread starter macrumors newbie

there is definatly something wrong with it though because now the apps aren't working, i click on them and they start to load then they go back on to the home screen. Any ideas on my next problem LOL

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I suggest you take it back. They'll exchange it at this point no problem.

7. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

my suggestion would be to restore the device and start from a clean firmware restore before taking it back and see if that works first.