My New Mac Pro Pictures

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Mr.PS, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Mr.PS macrumors 6502a

This is my second Mac Pro. My first quad core was returned due to video card issues. This one is an octo core with the 8800GT and airport. I also have 6gb of ram and two 750gb Samsung Spinpoints ready to be put in software raid 0 (I'm running it stock for a few days to see how it does). It's running 10.5.2 and it's perfect so far. No lag, unlike my first Mac Pro which was constantly laggy. I got the ACD the first time I around, it's wonderful. So far it's flawless no dead pixels (knocks on every piece of wood in his house).

This one came with the Seagate drive and it's pretty quiet, but not as quiet as some of the older Barracuda drives I've owned over the years. The fans and PSU are silent though. The HDD tray wasn't pushed all the way in or got dislodged during shipment and made an awful noise, had me paranoid at first.

I will take more pictures of the inside once I get the hdd's and ram in tomorrow.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My first mac pro (the one I returned):
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DWS macrumors member

3. tugger macrumors regular

tugger

Humble suggestion: unless you wanna raise a clutch of dust bunnies in your MP, get it off the floor.

4. Mr.PS thread starter macrumors 6502a

No choice currently, as you can see. I'm a neat freak that vacuum's his house twice a weak with a miele hepa filtered vacuum. There is very little dust here; however, yes, my new desk/setup will have the Mac Pro off teh floor.

5. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Well if you didn't buy such a big Cinema Display you'll have room on your desk for the Mac.:p

6. aibo macrumors 6502

big magnet in a box next to your new mac pro = not good

7. Mr.PS thread starter macrumors 6502a

The aluminum shields most if not all magnetic interference from the woofer, also the woofer is shielded itself. I've had 3 pc's next to that woofer for a good 3+ years without any issues.

8. Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

I lifted one of these things onto a nearly 2" thick wooden desk.

The desk bowed...

Make sure your new desk is a sturdy one :)

9. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Beautiful set-up. I wish my office was that neat and tidy ;)

10. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

im currently considering a mac pro (went top imac after my g5 powermac) and you not helping ;) as i shouldnt be spending the money haha, loverly settup, if i get one im pretty certain id get the 8GB ram from otherworld computing, extremley cheap. (oh and yes id go 30" cant go smaller than mt imacs 24" now lol)

11. LOZER macrumors member

Wow, looking great and congrats on the new set up. I wished mine had a 8800GT right now and that mighty nice 30inch display!:apple:

12. peejack macrumors 6502a

Nice set up mate the 30" looks huge!! LOL

I was going to take pics of mine as I have the same setup as you minus the 30" but didn't get round to it.

What are you using the system for?

Also something I haven't done yet which I would like to. How do I make a dock of applications like you have there?

Cheers

13. Mr.PS thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for all the kind comments. I really love the 30" ACD. It's truly amazing. I had two dell 2005FPW's prior to the 30" ACD and they cannot compare. Color, brightness and black/white reproduction is amazing on the ACD.

As for the Mac Pro, I'm just starting to enjoy it now. I had to return my first Mac Pro due to the Ati video card issues, this one seems to be rock solid. I'm going to open it up tonight and add my HDD's and RAM.

For those waiting, don't wait, get a Mac Pro and 30" ACD. You will not be disappointed!! I debated waiting too, I'm glad I didn't!

14. barijazz macrumors 6502

I would but I'm broke. But I'm willing to accept donations:D

15. cms2 macrumors 6502

cms2

beautiful... just beautiful... : : : cms2 chokes up a bit : : : :eek:

I'm also a neat freak, though not as nicely equipped. I'm almost as impressed with the description of the vacuum as I am with the MP... ;)

16. kirkbross macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

It doesn't seem to be a problem, but looking at your setup, it seems like there isn't a pressing reason the subwoofer couldn't be on the left side...besides being magnetically cautious, it would be more balanced visually.

17. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

How about getting some furniture - or something to hang on those walls?

That room looks awfully nekkid without that desk and PC - or did you spend all your $$$ on the Mac Pro setup?

18. kdb31 macrumors member

19. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

I personally would have gone with Berber carpeting, or hard-wood; maybe a wide plank dark cherry or mahogany finish.

20. Mr.PS thread starter macrumors 6502a

I sure would as well ;) Unfortunately this is a rather large spare bedroom upstairs that has turned into a bedroom. I'm moving to the basement soon and that will be hardwood, cherry, thick plank.

21. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I just got my Mac Pro also and it is awesome. However I am delaying on the picture taking thing until I get my 23-inch cinema display (it just would not be as impressive with this 17" Samsung piece).

Speaking of vacuums, I have a this one and it has been working out real nice (I think of it as the Mac Pro of vacuums). :)

22. cms2 macrumors 6502

cms2

Oh that is nice.

23. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I just have to say: this computer is unbelievably quiet. (And awesome in every other possible aspect).