My new macbook and a great case!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ktbubster, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

Ok...

SO i've been switching computers quite a bit lately. A Macbook pro 2.2 SR to a blackbook 2.16 on special sale (which i posted about last week, about how happy I was about it... and i was, but this is even better) from school to now a 2.2 SR White Macbook, and in between those I had a few revisions of macbooks that I repaired and refurbished and sold to PAY for my apple habit :) It really does feel nice to buy a new computer with funds made from fixing other ones!

No particular reason for the switch down to a macbook pro, cept I didn't need the extra power and got a good selling price (more then i paid for it... thanks ebay) for my macbook pro, and then when I had the black I decided i'd rather have a newer white model (white just says APPLE to me more :) ) so i sold that for more then i paid for it (thank you ebay again!) and finally hunkered down with my brilliant white SR macbook and i couldn't be happier! It's a great little machine. I miss some of the pro features, but i'll probably switch back to a new mbp this summer after I get a job (last semester of college)

I just wanted to say how thrilled I am with this little thing. I really am loving the keyboard too.

More importantly, I invested a whole 30 bucks in a macally leather notebook shell and I must say that this thing is great!

http://www.amazon.com/Macally-Protection-Shell-Macbook-BookShellR/dp/B000RNDUMA

It looks nice, gives nice protection it seems and doesn't scratch at all, was inexpensive and doesn't keep the computer too warm. Some people might have a problem with hiding the apple, or the leathery feel on a laptop, but I wanted to share that if you were wondering about it, I give it two thumbs up. My macbook is quite happy in it's red shell :)

Just thought anyone out there getting a macbook soon, and thinking of buying a case, might benefit from a suggestions.

Happy Apple-ing all!

2. ripplet macrumors member

Agreed. Everyone should invest in a case. Makes your Mac look newer for longer.

Can i ask you wat are some of the Pro features you miss?

3. Praetorian® macrumors regular

Praetorian®

Thank you for sharing your impressions of new white MacBook.
    I'm definitely buying one as soon as I got enough money. :p Wanna buy black Macally Bookshell too but I'm not sure about overheating when MB is in it. :(
    And still don't know if I should buy MB to my girlfriend too or not...