My new macbook is a lemon. Power Management Problems.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thewhitehart, Nov 12, 2007.

1. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Got my new macbook on Thursday. Set it up, only to find out that it won't wake from sleep.

Not only that, the backlighting on the screen wouldn't turn on when booting most of the time, and the isight would turn on itself. The super drive wouldn't eject, and the screen would randomly go blank before sleep. I could only get the backlight on about one out of ten reboots.

I did everything, reset the PRAM, verified the disk on one of the rare times I could get the backlighting on, ran the hardware test, and finally reset the SMC twice. I had to call Apple, and was put on hold for an hour and forty minutes. I was very polite on the phone, but I was furious inside. They wanted me to send it in for repair. Heck no, I said. Send me a new one.

This has never happened to me with an Apple product before. Figures. :mad:

Anyone else having power management problems with their new santa rosa macbook?

2. stefan24 macrumors newbie

I would take it straight back and complain in a very polite and nice way, I'm having trouble with my laptop and it's best if you get in there early and make them aware of the problems.

I would keep on them for a new machine as it sounds like a d.o.a and they should step in and replace the system with another that does work!!

3. smadder macrumors member

Take it back!

Ditto. I got an SR MB as well and it wouldn't run in Tiger, but it was okay in Leopard. The problems, according to AppleCare (and yeah, it took a while - too many new products maybe, especially Leopard) stem from the SRMB being the very first "built-for-leopard" computer they've designed.

But yours DEFINITELY sounds like major hardware failure. I would demand nothing less than a replacement especially since you've had it for so short a time.

Good luck!!!!