my new Macbook making hell lots of sound?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by harrymohan, Nov 15, 2007.

1. harrymohan macrumors member

Hi Friends,
    I just received my macbook SR 2.0 Ghz, with 2 GB and 120 GB hdd with leopard installed 15 mins back, now I have just started using it and the processors are making hell a lot of sound, they are making as much sound as plane on runway!! I saw indexing being done!! does any one of you had same experience with respect to so much sound!! should I wait and see one or two days before I take it back to Apple store!!

Is macbook silent?? I recently bought Windows based Amd Athlon notebook its very silent whereas this macbook I hear sound of processor's fan running always?

2. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

The indexing process performed by Spotlight is always processor intensive, which increases the temperature of the processor, resulting in high RPMs of the fans.

I suggest that you give it about two hours and see if the fans cool down or not- they should as long as you are not taxing the processor.

But the fact that the machine is making as much noise as a plane on the runway makes me wonder..

3. ~David macrumors regular

~David

Maybe Apple accidentally mistook a Rolls-Royce 747 Engine for a blower fan and installed it...

Then again, maybe not.