My "new" Macbook Pro 15" is coming... Case Recommendations?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tom Sawyer, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Tom Sawyer macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

Well my "new" (to me) Macbook Pro 2.2ghz SR 15" will arrive on Monday, can't wait of course! I've done some surfing around for a really nice case for it but haven't seen anything that has really excited me. I would like something on the slimmer side, sleeve like... but really made for the 15" MBP with nice storage for the Power Supply and maybe a cordless mouse. Leather would be nice, but am really open as far as materials. Biggest thing, fit and finish should be really excellent as well as protection level.

Anyone have some really great finds on a case they could recommend? Budget is $200 or less.

TIA!!! :)

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

I got the inCase sleeve for my MBP. Absolutely love it!

3. Tom Sawyer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

I'm planning on visiting the :apple:Store today... will definitely check out the inCase offerings, looks like they have some nice options at reasonable prices too.

Thanks!

4. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

radtech keyboard cover, radtech sleeve, booq vyper case, jansport oddessy.

cheers

5. Mac In School macrumors 65816

The Apple store in my town has a really nice Oakley backpack that I have my eyes on. It comes with a sleeve that has removable padded strips to fit a few different sizes. Not super-thick, but definitely thick enough to hold the power supply, mouse, and a digital camera.

6. TSE macrumors 68030

I would personally wait until the incase hardshell comes out, they got GREAT reviews for the original MacBook, and they look awesome. They are coming out for the MBP in May.

7. PDE macrumors 68020

I've tried a LOT of cases over the years and have now settled with the booq vyper inside the booq Boa XM - the combination seems bulletproof and the quality of both cases is amazing. Not cheap, but definitely worth it imo. If you want something cheaper, Tom Bihn's braincell inside a backpack is great too.

8. engles macrumors regular

I have a Speck SeeThru Hardshell case for my 17" case. I believe the 15" case is a bit different and I am not sure that this is what you are looking for

the Speck SeeThru is a hard-shell plastic case that covers the outside of your computer with a protective shell that stays on all the time for protection during use and transportation.

if you are looking for a case that remains on your computer all the time then this is a great case. I would highly recommend it. If you want to check it out some more check out the link. Speck Website

9. engles macrumors regular

i have found that the speck seethru is awesome

10. Tom Sawyer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

Got my MBP today... and I can't hardly take my eyes and hands off of it. It's amazing. Absolutely pristine condition and I got a nice deal on it.

I appreciate everyones comments and recommendations. I am going to look at getting the bestskinever and have ordered a Brenthaven Metrolite in black. I got to check one out at the store this weekend and it's quite nice. The color they had was um... about the brightest lime green you can imagine so had to pass, but have a black one on the way. Will post my results when I get it.

Thanks again! :)

11. Tom Sawyer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

Just a quick follow up in case anyone was interested... the Metrolite is really nice... excellent support and protection, great fit/finish and size is just right. Bigger than a sleeve but not as big as many bags out there. I'm pleased, picked it up for $30 less than it sells in stores so all is well! :D

12. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Incase and Brenthaven (expensive) are usually my favorites.

13. Tom Sawyer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

I can definitely understand why; The Brenthaven Metrolite is a really nice case... excellent fit and finish. They sell for $79.99 + Tax at the :apple:Store but I got mine for about 50 shipped, new.

14. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I Really like the Marware offerings, everything from soft slip pouches to proper laptop bags.